We HAVE to beat Florida this year...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JAllen18MVP, Sep 6, 2014.

1. JAllen18MVP

JAllen18MVP Member

When Kiffin was hired and started calling Urban a cheater and everything else, my Gator friend made an insane claim: "We're gonna make it ten in a row, I guarantee it."

I thought dude was crazy so I took him up on a bet - if Florida did actually make it ten in a row, I'd throw all my UT gear out and start rooting for the enemy.

Now, I'd sooner kill myself than follow through with this bet, so for the love of all that is good and holy UT must win. For me. Selfish? Yes. Stupid? Yes. But who would've thought they'd actually win ten in a row back in '09?

Come on Tennessee, win one for the Gipper.. or shall I say JA'er.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I was in 6th grade the last time we beat Florida. I'm now a damn senior at UT. My youth won't be complete until I see us beat the Gators again.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm 34 and I haven't seen us beat them nearly enough times to ever consider making that bet...you get what you deserve haha. still, hope we finally get them. hard to believe 2004 was 10 years ago

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was a freshman at Tennessee in 04

5. JAllen18MVP

JAllen18MVP Member

I didn't think I'd even get to see that game. Tornados had wrecked the area and the power was out for 3 days. I was sick as a dog on top of it. About 30 minutes before the game, the power came back on. Then the penalty that saved the game and Wilhoit's game winner. It was a lucky day.... followed by 9 miserable years.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Me too

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Man........I'm old

8. InVolNerable

Your face is wrinklier than your balls.

9. OrangeEmpire

I've got nothing

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I was in 6th grade too, that was by far the best UT game I've ever been to.

11. InVolNerable

Best live sporting event I've ever been to. And I was on the sidelines for the music city miracle.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I had been teaching 10 years in '04.

13. InVolNerable

That's cause you're old balls

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I remember getting into that game with a student ticket using some kid's ID that a friend gave me.

15. InVolNerable

I used to sell my student ID and ticket weekly.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, do you think Muschamp is the long term answer or will you all be looking for another Urban soon?

17. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I can remember Florida before Steve Spurrier...not well, but I remember them. You guys are young...

I specifically grew to loathe Florida around '92 or '93 because of this little f**k wad that went to school with me. I hated that guy.

Now, I get the satisfaction of him ringing up my purchases at my local Lowe's, where he's a "Head Cashier"...at 37.

It's the little things in life sometimes...

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, 10 years till retirement!

19. OrangeEmpire

Shane ****ing Mathews

Then Terry Dean being the next coming of the christ

20. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I think the most frustrating part was knowing that Spurrier was a much better coach than Majors/Fulmer...and the losing. The losing sucked/sucks.

I blame my wife. The first game she and I went to was Wilhoit's kick in '04. Ever since we got married in '05....