What a HUGE fail...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hardwoodfanatic, Mar 4, 2012.

1. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

WTF?!

Seriously? This was actually written and passed around?

It has to be satire, doesn't it?

3. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

KSR says it was distributed before the game, TIFWIW. Either way, that is [uck fay]ing sad.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supremely embarrassing.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

That is embarrassing. It wasn't remotely clever.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can't get it to pull up. Summary?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

On March 4, University of California Berkeley (Cal) played a basketball game against the University of Southern California (USC). With Cal in contention for the PAC-10 title and the NCAA tournament at stake, the game was a must-win.

Enter "Victoria."

Victoria was a hoax UCLA co-ed, created by Cal's Rally Committee. For the previous week, "she" had been chatting with Gabe Pruitt, USC's starting guard, over AOL Instant Messenger. It got serious. Pruitt and several of his teammates made plans to go to Westwood after the game so that they could party with Victoria and her friends.

On Saturday, at the game, when Pruitt was introduced in the starting lineup, the chants began: "Victoria, Victoria." One of the fans held up a sign with her phone number.

The look on Pruitt's face when he turned to the bench after the first Victoria chant was priceless. The expression was unlike anything ever seen in collegiate or pro sports. Never did a chant by the opposing crowd have such an impact on a visiting player. Pruitt was in total shock. (This is the only picture I could find.)

The chant "Victoria" lasted all night. To add to his embarrassment, transcripts of their IM conversations were handed out to the bench before the game: "You look like you have a very fit body." "Now I want to c u so bad."

Pruitt ended up a miserable 3-for-13 from the field.

I was at the game. Dude airballed his first shot after they started chanting victoria.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's pretty awesome. Was it Cal that traded out the cards in the stands do the opposition spelled out "WE SUCK"?