What are the chances (no info, purely throwing ideas)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That Dontavius Blair has had significant contact with someone that could effect his eligibility and the staff has had him on the back burner since?

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Would make a good reason for him not playing, although, I've just heard he isn't very good right now.

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

If you're just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, when looking for reasons why a highly rated 6'8" Jr OT behemoth isn't even sniffing the starting lineup, I suppose there are less plausible explanations.

...but it's still more likely that he's just not nearly as good as his star rating suggested.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't he play a little bit against Utah State? I think that would still be enough to make us forfeit the game should he be ruled ineligible.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If they were so concerned that this had occurred as to prevent their plausible deniability, and to the point where he wasn't being allowed to play....absolutely nothing good comes from allowing him to remain.

Simply, if you know enough to keep him from playing, you damn sure know enough than to keep him around.

What was the DL we ruled ineligible a few years ago? With the wire transfer receipts? That's what I think you'd see.

And let's say, just hypothetically speaking, that you think you can self-report and get the matter cleared up with the 'AA....I can't think of a worse first step to make than to continue allowing him to be part of the team, as you attempt it, and before it is resolved.

Just my blind-ass guess.

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Mo Couch, and I'd say this "blind-ass guess" is spot on.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

From what I've heard Blair has an issue with hand placement.

So basically from what I've heard it's not fitness or athleticism... it's technique.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

or sexual assault...