What are the chances Tennessee rehires Pearl?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by tvolsfan, May 20, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I never said who ya gonna get. Just asking who you would rather have.

And to be honest the who ya gonna get argument has held true with us recently due to how poorly our AD is run rather than if they would be willing to come here.

Either way - it's hard to argue Pearl isn't one of the top coaches available all baggage aside and he's someone that would jump at any opportunity. And to state again - I'm not saying we should hire him - I'd just sure as hell take Jim over Cuonzo.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's the thing, regardless of where he falls on the "available coaches" list, he has the baggage. It's ridiculous to start throwing stuff like that into the argument. He isn't going to magically lose all the baggage.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He got to an Elite Eight, and I appreciate the shit out of that, but you are 100% correct. He isn't going to sneak up on people anymore, and he wouldn't be fighting a weakass Kentucky in the East anymore

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

and the ncaa will be right in the office with him if he comes back.

lying to the ncaa is dumb as hell, on top of that, trying to get the Crafts to lie for him? coaches will kill him in living rooms with that.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

It's not like Pearl is dumb enough to try to lie to the NCAA again - the baggage isn't that bad. But yes he will have a bigger hill to climb when it comes to recruiting this time around.

I'd still take him over Cuonzo in a heartbeat. I miss the NCAAT. But yeah - obviously I'd take a ton of people over Cuonzo.. but this is the UTAD we're talking about.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Didn't he lie about Brian Williams's drug test right after he did his whole crying on TV apology for lying?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yup

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Why do the words, "*****, you knew I was a snake," come to mind?

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well that's not a violation - that a Cuonzo move, but lying to the NCAA again? Slim chance. No one is that dumb after having your career wrecked.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I dunno, the first one was pretty damn dumb

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is the same guy that spliced tapes to send the NCAA about the kid from Illinois.

Technically speaking, he has already lied to the NCAA twice. And he has wrecked his career twice.

12. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

He will never coach at UT again. Why or why can't some folks accept that and stop the "bring Pearl back crap".

13. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

He should never coach at UT again. But, hypothetically, if Cuonzo misses the tournament again and Bruce isn't already coaching a community college in Arizona, I don't even want to see how things play out. I am fairly certain that he won't get the job, but it won't be pretty. I don't trust UT to not let yet another coaching search become a shitstorm of epic proportions.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Anyone hear anything on where T Jones might land? I saw some clowns on Twitter saying UTC should hire him (which would have been the dumbest hire in the history of their program) but they made a good hire in Will Wade...

Anyone heard anything on him?