What record

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 30, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

would Tennessee have without all the injury problems right now?

Just curious how everyone thinks we would be with Bray, Hunter, and Lathers.

2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

last night is probably a win and perhaps the UGA game. UT wouldn't have beaten LSU and/or Bama with the '98 roster.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Honestly, I think it is the same, with the possibility that last night turns out differently.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They'd have found a way to lose. The Florida game was very winnable if Dooley didn't stain his orange pants as soon as Hunter went down. He'd have probably done something stupid anyway.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Possibly 6-2 but definitely 5-3 at the very least. Georgia and South Carolina would have been wins. The Florida game is kind of difficult to know.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

5-3 at best, counting Georgia and South Carolina as the likely wins. Sadly I could still see 3-5 even with everyone healthy under the right (or wrong?) circumstances.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not totally sold we beat UGA. They left a lot of points on the field. Had they been a little more aggressive or executed slightly better, they could have blown us out. They'd have been more aggressive if we'd had Hunter there.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I find it very hard to imagine that Bray wouldn't have put up at least 20 points on South Carolina with Hunter in the game.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

last nights game would've been a W, possibly florida and georgia as wins if we have everyone

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

we beat UGA and USCe with Hunter, Bray and Lathers. Florida is incredibly close.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I find it hard to imagine that South Carolina doesn't put up more than 14 with a healthy Lattimore or if Spurrier was using his full playbook or not trying to run out the clock.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They've struggled to put up many points on a few teams.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't think Spurrier had much of a choice to open the playbook. shaw is a freshman right?

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't think Spurrier had much of a choice to open the playbook. shaw is a freshman right?

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

shaw is a sophmore, he got some burn last year

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree.

Losing Hunter neutered this offense. It took away the ability to "take the top" off a defense.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not as if we haven't been discussing Hunter's weight and the likelihood of him getting an injury for well over a year before this season started. Seeing as how he looks to have gained about 4 pounds, perhaps preparing for that eventuality might have been a smart idea.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

But the problem is there's no one on this team to step in and compensate for it. We discussed Hunter's likelihood of getting injured and how we were going to be screwed when it happened. Now we've lost him and Bray and we're panicking like there is something that can be done. How are they supposed to suddenly make Z Rogers an all world receiver and have Worley and/or Simms ready to be a gunslinger when neither have ever showed signs of being one?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Zach Rogers needs to not be getting on the field. Vincent Dallas and DeAnthony Arnett need to be ready. Also, the running game should have improved from last year. Every single component has returned, plus a few talented new guys.

I rail on Wilcox sometimes, but at least the D has gotten better compared to last year. Even when Hunter and Bray were healthy, I don't know that I'd say we're better than we were late last year.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

expecting two true freshmen to come in and be ready to make big plays is asking a lot, and I mean a lot, even for a good footbal team. Asking them to do it on a below average team without a competent qb is asking far too much. You can't pin that on coaches. The San Francisco 49ers of the late 80s were an absolute juggernaut. If you take Jerry Rice out of the equation, they fall far far down the ladder. This team was average with Bray and Hunter. You can't expect them to just be replaced, especially with true freshmen. It's mind boggling for people to even think so. I'm starting to wonder if I've accidentally ventured over to TOOS.