When Does Lyle Get His Raise and Extension?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by RevBubbaFlavel, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If 6-6 is good enough for a raise now, we're Kentucky with a bigger stadium and a shitty basketball team.

3. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

Hopefully not until he actually has a couple of successful seasons.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You know, I've been wondering when I would get a raise.

5. RevBubbaFlavel

This game is a repeat of several other games - with a couple of different variables.

I was going to say that there was a total lack of imagination on offense - but "imagination" is far too strong a word. We literally had like 3 plays that we ran 20 or 30 times: a WR or RB screen, the read option or whatever we are supposed to call it, and then this stupid QB "draw.
    The few times we got off script were times we made some stuff happen. I just cannot believe how a major school has a staff that would run that shit over and over and over despite having at best a few first downs off a dozen+ possessions.
    I cannot figure out if the staff is scared or stupid. Not sure it matters though.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They coach scared. You can see it. Their sphincters tighten up so much that even NYY would not be able to close escrow.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Funny joke, but a guy really did call in to Jimmy Hyams last week and was so worried about when they were going to give Jones his raise. I mean, he's clearly proven he's a great coach. It's just astonishing how stupid the fan base is.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

QB draw on 3rd and five against that DL cracked me up.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And it's becoming more and more apparent that Jancek only looks good when our DEs are on a rampage or people are dumb enough to throw at Cam Sutton.

10. RevBubbaFlavel

Yep.

The talk from some fans of this defense being "elite" is laughable. But I don't even think they are good. Its an improved unit for sure, but the improvement mostly comes from speed. Just like the rest of the staff, the defense has not outcoached anyone this year.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There's a lot of truth in this sentence

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sports source when discussing special teams, which did have some really nice plays yesterday, mentioned the two recovered onside kicks as positives. Unreal.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have no idea why Missouri attempted one pass last night. We could not stop their run all night

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Um.....yeah.

Where have you been since 2004?

15. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

We just need to schedule teams with defenses ranked in the bottom 50, and we will be great

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So like, the Big East?

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Cuts deep.

18. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Exactamundo

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is amazing how the vast majority of the fan base aren't getting this. The evidence is overwhelming.

20. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

He says things that make them feel good and he's recruiting well

This is the same fanbase that wouldn't admit Fulmer was done in 2001