When Does Nico Start

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lumberjack4, Sep 16, 2023.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It couldn't be more clear the entire second half play calling was asking as little as humanly possible from Milton. Sure the refs [uck fay]ed up a lot, but there's no faith in Milton, so how long do we start him before getting Nico up to speed?

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

These elite 5 star QBs aren’t coming to college to sit around behind crappy upperclassmen. Especially guys who have been given multiple opportunities at multiple programs. I’d say a home game against a non power 5 team is the best time possible to play a freshman QB.

HotlantaVol and utvol0427 like this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If I had to guess the second half of the season will be his.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My question is why. You know Milton isn't it, have UTSA next week. Why not just start now?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There’s no way I’d put Nico in tonight. If for not other reason than our line couldn’t block a decent middle school front four.

I’m still not sure how much is on Milton versus the line as far as playcalling goes, but man that was rough.

Poppa T and Tar Volon like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Play calling still sucks. As does Center. We need qb to buy time and use legs in this offense. I’m also a freaks we can say bye to Sampson. Didn’t play a snap.

7. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

They don’t trust Milton. At all

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Therein is the question. Was Milton a bit of a victim of bad play calling, or did confidence in Milton precipitate the bad play calling?

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Whatever must happen eventually should happen immediately or some shit.

Get him a week against UTSA and if he's as good as advertised we can win South Carolina and A&M at home. He'll have three straight home games plus an open date to get settled in before having to go on the road. If not next Saturday, then probably not until UConn because any other game would likely be throwing him to the wolves for his first start.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

4 TDs week one and then he disappeared. Did he [uck fay] Heupel's wife or something?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Waiting on Cooper to get healthy so Ollie isn't on the field

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The big thing is, now we aren't going anywhere this season that continuing to play Milton would be of any benefit. So we need to turn the page.

I don't think Milton was in the top 10 worst performers tonight. OK, at least not top 5.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Either 1) when Milton is injured or 2) next year. Whichever comes first

LawVol16 likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can accept this, if this is the reason.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

2 is a helluva way for us to watch Nico play football somewhere else next year.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If they make Milton the scapegoat for what was a total team failure, have fun going 5-7

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

That dude is a train wreck. Center isn’t for everyone but you need some type of fallback

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The failure to have competent backups on the line might actually be the most concerning aspect of this season so far. I know it’s a developmental position but it’s been *real* bad.

Daddy Gee, Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh no, a guy that can't run this offense gets benched for a freshman Heupel is banking his Tennessee coaching career on

yont sum iss? likes this.