Where does this rank among all time UT QB performances?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Nov 2, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thinking they might have thrown everything together before the game ended, that's the only thing that makes sense. That was one of the best performances by any player in any league all year

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Conference honors should be pretty easy to come by after that. No one else outside of the south gave a rip about the game.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wonder what the difference is between this and last year? Did he just improve that much? Is Hurd helping Dobbs in the run game as much as Dobbs is helping him?

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This game was similar to Kelly's against Colorado in '90.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But, they know that SCe singlehandedly made Kenny 'Trill' an early Heisman candidate.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dobbs looked just as good against Alabama as he did South Carolina

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think I just missed the guy that picked Dobbs the first time they showed it

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Statistically it was an awesome night, but let's not forget that the 2014 USC defense might be worse than the 2012 Tennessee D

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd say this is a top 5 qb performance in my lifetime.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

It was one hell of a performance. Happy ending.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No. The inside run didn't exist, but it also shouldn't.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He didn't video game Bama like he did USCjr., but he was still very effective. We ended up rushing for substantially more against them than anyone else had the entire season.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It was good. Peyton had five better days by himself. That excludes TRob, Shuler and Kelly. Shuler would kill people in this O as would Condredge.

The awful pick in the 4th was a problem.

He ran the ball well and the threat of Hurd outrunning everyone makes that possible. Each makes the other viable.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I understand that, but we definitely surprised them running the ball. Dobbs can run the ball well enough to let Hurd make him legit. He can't throw the ball and we have to work in that incessantly.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm considering it in context. First start of the season. On the road. Terrible offensive line. 2 touchdowns down late in the 4th.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Context includes the freaking horrible defense across the field. He had a great game and we won in conference finally. His contribution to the run game is immense and shouldn't be discounted. It's an absolute indictment of the idiots we have coaching. Our starter could neither run or throw.

I just don't like all the we've got our guy commentary. He has a truckload of work to do.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree with that. I'm not out screaming "Dobbs for Heisman!" But, I think he gives us a good shot to win these next 3.

18. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Robinson's 387 yards against UCLA comes to mind in 85. Most of that was through the first 3 quarters.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And, I also agree that USCjr.'s defense was terrible. However, it was no less terrible than the '97 UK defense that Manning threw for 525 yards on. That doesn't keep that game from being one of the best performances ever just like it shouldn't just eliminate Dobbs' performance from consideration either.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is the guy for the forseeable future though. No one on the roster cab do what he does and I doubt either freshman beats him out.