Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Stopped reading after ‘Hyams’

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh good lord

CardinalVol likes this.
  3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't hold much faith in anything Hyams says but if we were to do something like hire Sonny friggin Dykes after all of this they can all kiss my ass.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The VN guy says that the Hyams list is trash...then he suggested that Herman was one of 5 we are considering.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The funny thing is it’s 2021 and people still believe anything Hyams says

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll dare say those folks have inquired about the job through backchannels, but other than Leipold...........no.

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I wouldn't have Herman as my first pick by any means but I could live with him - even over Tony Elliott. But I would still go to Matt Campbell first, then Kiffin, Chadwell, Napier, Allen, and then Herman. I would pick Fickell over Herman but I understand they don't want a defensive minded coach this go around and I understand that. I might even put Leipold over Herman but I just don't know enough about him. I know Buffalo sucked out loud for the most part for almost 20 years before he got there and he's done what looks like a pretty good job.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'll be pretty down if it's Tom Herman.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Leipold won a ridiculous amount of championships at Wisconsin-Whitewater

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

What?

11. CardinalVol

I can say "hey, I'm interested in the job" and tell people I'm in the mix for the job. That doesn't mean I'm getting the job. It doesn't even mean I'm going to be considered for the job.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think if you win in one place you can win about anywhere but the two seasons prior to Leipold's arrival there WW went 14-1 both years. They didn't win the NC under the other coach though. I'm guessing that Leipold would be a very good coach but there's just something gnawing at me that I think we should go with someone younger also. He's not "old" but he's not a spring chicken anymore either. That's why Campbell, Kiffin, Chadwell, and Napier are all options I think I'd prefer. They are all much younger guys than Leipold. If I thought we had to have a coach come in and try to clean up a mess for 4-5 years that would be different but if we want someone 10 years I'm not sure that Leipold would be the guy.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt he's bringing him here

14. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

In all honesty I don't care who it is. I just want to [uck fay]ing win again.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is where I'm at too

reVOLt, TDVol1989 and peelwonder like this.
  16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Anyone in the media who didn’t know White was on the radar for AD before he was hired doesn’t know the short list for the coach. They’re just hoping to stick a hot take for e-cred points. Plowman and Boyd have kept this whole operation airtight.

17. CardinalVol

This is all I know -

We're swinging big. I don't know if it's Kiffin or not, but we're swinging big. I'm been promised that.

reVOLt and hohenfelsvol like this.
  18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I was told this last time, and it was Schiano, and then oops, and then a whole bunch of really bad things, and then Jeremy Pruitt AND Philip Fulmer.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. CardinalVol

I never promised it though.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

VolsWire list is probably bs, but I think Chris Klieman would be a good hire.