Will Syracuse Go Undefeated?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 17, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

They certainly can go undefeated, but will they? I've been pretty much all over this team's nutsack all year. I just think they're really [dadgum] good. They are in fact really [dadgum] good.

Here is their remaining regular season sked, complete with rankings of the teams they play, projected score, number of projected possessions in that game (pomeroy's thing is points per possession), and projected chance of winning each game.

Sat Jan 21 91 Notre Dame W, 73-62 65 85% Away
    Mon Jan 23 46 Cincinnati W, 72-64 67 75% Away
    Sat Jan 28 24 West Virginia W, 77-65 68 84% Home
    Sat Feb 4 161 St. John's W, 79-61 68 93% Away
    Wed Feb 8 13 Georgetown W, 70-62 64 79% Home
    Sat Feb 11 31 Connecticut W, 75-63 65 86% Home
    Mon Feb 13 42 Louisville W, 70-63 68 74% Away
    Sun Feb 19 97 Rutgers W, 74-62 68 85% Away
    Wed Feb 22 110 South Florida W, 72-53 61 96% Home
    Sat Feb 25 31 Connecticut W, 71-67 65 66% Away
    Sat Mar 3 42 Louisville W, 74-60 68 90% Home

I copied this in here not because I think computer projections are going to hold true, but because this was just actually the easiest way for me to copy in the remaining schedule. But you can see that their schedule really isn't that daunting. The toughest remaining game for the Orange is UConn on the road. Other than that game, I don't think the teams remaining on their schedule have a great chance of beating them. Louisville can't score. Rutgers is still Rutgers even if they're a little bit less Rutgers. South Florida blows donkey [penis]. St. John's blows. Notre Dame is dog trash. Cincy is a decent team, but Syracuse enjoys beating the [uck fay] out of decent teams. It's sort of their thing. WVU and Georgetown are good squads but 'Cuse is really tough to beat at home.

This, of course, is not taking into account the BE tournament, where things can get flukey. And so I won't even speculate on that yet, but as far as regular season, I think the Orange has a decent chance.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't. I think it is just too difficult to bring your best game every night, twice a week in hostile gyms against good teams with bad officiating and all the other stuff that goes with it. I'd look for them to drop a couple of road games, mainly because it is just so hard not to drop a couple of road games.

That being said, if they run the regular season undefeated, they deserve all of the "nutsack" love anyone can throw at them.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They can through the Big East, but can't through the tourney.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They'll have at least two losses by the end of the regular season.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Always works out that way. Nobody goes undefeated in college basketball. They'll slip up on the road somewhere at Cincy, UConn, or Louisville. Might even drop a home game too.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just wanted to give this a bump and Hat, JT5, and cotton their due kudos.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Losing Fab Melo hurt quite a bit.