Worley's stats in the redzone vs OU,UGA & UF

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 6, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

4/13 -4 yards 1TD, 2 INT

How is this possible?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Easy. The field shrinks, forcing the DBs and safeties up close to the line of scrimmage. Florida saw this and ran a goal line defense most of the game which is why Worely completed 2193903 passes for 200 yards.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pretty easy to explain actually.

We are functionally handicapped with playcalling. And Worley is not an SEC caliber QB in the SEC being coached by coaches who don't belong in the SEC either.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would probably be more like -104 if they counted the INT return yardage.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We had the ball at the 14 and 15 Saturday and should have ran 6 fades to north. If they can stop all of them, more power to them.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We call plays worried about the defense knowing what we might do. Rather than go to our strength and basically say the hell with what you're doing. What we have is better than what you have. Instead, we try to get cute because that's what the Big East does. It's style without substance. Which is Butch Jones. He's a cliche spouting Ron Zook.

7. NorrisAlan

Everyone knew Green Bay under Lombardi was going to run the Packer Sweep. He knew it, you knew it, they knew it. But you didn't stop it. Why? Because they were freaking good at it.

North left. North right. And if that doesn't work, North Left again. Scheme so he gets man coverage as best as you can, and if he gets double or tripled, throw it to a TE over a completely vacated middle.

I never played and I think that I can call a better game. And that is no joke.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amazing how we can dink and dunk down the field, only to come out five wide and throwing when there is no space left. Makes no sense at all.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Agreed on all points. When you have guys like North, and tight ends that can actually catch a football, you don't have to trick anyone. Another reason I hate the No-read option. Line up in the pistol if you're so deadset against being under center. Give the ball to your stud running back with a head of steam and say here it is. Bite the pillow and prepare yourself.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He also had another interception in the end zone at OK, fumbled in the end zone at UGA, and fumbled in the Florida game. His ball security is atrocious.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It happens to the majority of the dink and dunk offense. There's nowhere to throw it to when there's only 15 yards to defend.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think Worley has improved immensely, but this stat is atrocious.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would like to know what you saw Saturday that was functional.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

checkerboard was tremendous.

Oh you mean on the field? I got nuttin'.

15. NorrisAlan

Defense was balls to the walls good. Medley had a hell of a game, and I would have loved to see him get his chance to pound one home at the end of the game.

16. cotton

The checkerboard was cool. I bought a white shirt. I don't like it.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You were there? Too good to stop by and pregame with us little people?

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I agree. Medley will be just fine. Left no doubt on the kicks.

19. NorrisAlan

...............C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
    Jeff Driskel 11/23 59 2.6 0 3 8.8

This is flabbergasting. How can you lose when the opposing QB is worse than your shittastic QB?

20. cotton

Yes.

And yes.

I parked in G10. You guys were like a 7 minute walk out of the way.