Yankees/O's

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Oct 10, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

OK, everybody knows the deal with Alex Rodriguez in the postseason, but how nuts is it than Ibanez PHs for him, homers in the bottom of the 9th to tie, and then hits the walkoff in the 12th?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Can't wait for NYY's take on this, assuming he's not on his way to NY to thank Ibanez.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I loved how people got on A-Rod saying his celebration after the 9th inning homer was fake. I think it was the most genuine thing I've seen in sports in some time. He wanted no part of ****ing up again. He's a mental midget that is perfectly content drawing a massive check and never showing up when it matters.

He wanted to be pulled. Just a bigger reason to hate the damn guy.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm going to be worthless today. Stayed up way beyond my bedtime, but after Raul hit the first I had a good feeling. I'm a huge Showalter fan. But his guys panicked and frankly you could see them die on the replay. Figured I'd stay up and see how it played out.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It shows that Joe Girardi has testicles approximately as big as beach balls.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll credit him for making the move that had to be made. I'm not crowning him with magnaballs until he drops the bastard to 6th or 7th in the order where he belongs.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I've got no dog in the hunt. My team flamed out in the play-in game. But to pinch hit for a 1st ballot HoF guy down 1 in the 9th in a playoff game takes an extra large sack, regardless of A-Rod's recent or playoff history.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

A-Rod not in the starting lineup today.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't watch baseball anymore. But I love Joe Girardi. Also, my neighbor as a kid plays for Baltimore, so go Orioles!

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pulled labia

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sabathia is dealing

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Anybody but the Yanks!

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I know. **** 'em.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Are you from NYC, NYY?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No. just a bandwagon fan.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

In all honesty, my grandfather was the biggest Yankee fan I have ever met. I grew up everyday of my life hearing stories about Mickey, Billy and Whitey. I even wore #7 because of the fact my dad wore 7. He wore it because of Mantle. I didn't have a chance to pull for another team. So, since a young pup it's been the Bronx Bombers. I go up at least two times a season to visit family, but I'm born and bred here in East Tennessee.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i can respect this. though i hope detroit wins. mainly for ticket prices,

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If the bats don't wake up, it will be the Tigers.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Wasn't doubting/questioning. Just wondering. I get up to NYC at probably 2 or 3 times a year. Tried living up there for a bit, but it just wasn't for me.

Every sport I ever played I wore #2. Modesty.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I have a similar story about my grandfather. He always used to say, "**** the Yankees".