You dropped a Brohm on me, baby...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If it isn't going to be Gruden or Petersen, then let it please be Brohm. Young with his career in front of him and trending upward as opposed to an old guy on the very backs side of his career.

Fulmer, you better not turn out to be corrosion...

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

My god how times have changed. Nobody wanted this guy two weeks ago but now that we've been presented with steaming piles of shit we are 100 percent down for an unproven coach.

utvol0427, dtmvol and tvolsfan like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Brohm has been in the top 5 of some posters. I like him over many of the older names

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. I take him over Tee, Steele and Miles.

Pair him with a good DC and we at least have a shot. He would need good recruiters on his staff. But still would be a wait and see IMO.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Considering the options, who would be a better hire? Neither one of us want anything to do with Kiffin and the other big names have either shunned us or signed extensions at their current gig.

Somebody made the point that Fulmer wasn't going to pay $10 million for a coach and if that's so, fuggedabout Gruden. We may pull the Petersen rabbit out of our hat and that would be the best possible conclusion here but it seems unlikely. Brohm would be a good pickup with huge upside and very little to indicate that he's a flash in the pan but knowing how we roll, we'll hire a diminished, tired Les Miles and be in the same boat five years from now. I don't doubt we'll be in a much better position but it'll be another five years of hard to watch football and I don't know how many of us can really get excited for that...

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Les is a bridge to Tee in my opinion

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Maybe we haven't heard all the options of the new search.

tvolsfan, justingroves and spurgeon like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm still waiting for the "surprise" candidate.

Les is a lazy hire, but is possible.

Morris doesn't seem likely.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There have been a number of people that were always okay with him.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fulmer is going to New York tonight to have dinner with Peyton. He will remain there through Tuesday to attend Peyton's induction to the College Football Hall of Fame. There will be tons of coaches in New York for this event.

Before going to New York, it's believed that Fulmer is going to Dallas. I wouldn't automatically assume Chad Morris. Dallas would be a good place to meet with Patterson too. Just an observation.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Seems like Phil met with Morris last night. I have seen speculation of a Morris hire with him bringing Steele and Hobby. May be his angle.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That wouldn't be bad but it doesn't seem likely to me right now

13. bigjintx

bigjintx Chieftain

What is your prediction JG?