You'll be happy to know this hire was all about academics

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm a genius and volly is an idiot as usual. . .

I'm in - VolNation

also from that thread (he's not joking btw):

Jones may be the "Bruce Pearl" type of character coach our current roster needs

and:

Originally Posted by marvin
    It would be nice if we didn't have to put up with the preteen little girls on these big boy football sites. We have a coach the wants to be a Vol, wants to play 4 front def, reached out to T Martin for assistant, recommended by Payton and had Couch yell Hell yea when the 4 front was mentioned!!!!!!
    What the hell else do you want. I believe he will take us up hill, not down hill.

81 year old Vol and have been since Life!

Go Vols!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Solid work.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I ****in hate that place.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not clicking that link. I'm not. Not today. I've chosen to never fight that stupidity, and I'm not starting today.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I thought this might bring a little levity to the situation. but i could see how it could make one just want to put a hole in the wall.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I enjoy how wanting the job is high on their list. God forbid you get a Saban at LSU situation. That would really suck.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Sean Payton, huh?

I know making JUCO transfer Maurice Couch happy was my personal #1 trait in a coaching hire.

Though (and this is mean-spirited), it's impressive enough for an 81-year-old to even access the Internet. Coherency is unrealistic.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and I wouldn't really say peyton recommended him.

10. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

I just can't cut all ties to our football program. I think we have made a step forward. I think we had the opportunity to make a HUGE leap forward and didnt make it happen. I also think that I will be fired up for the beginning of football season next fall.

I wanted Gruden as bad as anybody but I do think Butch has his head in the right place and will make progress with our program.

With all of that said, HART MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I posted over there for a while. I stopped when it got really stupid with Dooley, andi finally just quit going. There are just so many idiots who want to shout down anyone with an opposing view.

I really hope ol' Butch works out and we see a string of SEC and national championships, but I'll get excited and start believing when it starts looking like it's going to happen. Until then, I'll just view posts such as that as nonsense.

Edit: no frustration directed toward you on this.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  12. dutch0201

dutch0201 New Member

Jones sounded like a spokesperson for Hart. When he talked about Hart having a vision and doing his due diligence for the program I thought we just hired a puppet to be manipulated by Hart and Cheek,

13. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Next season is nothing to get fired up about, that's for sure.

14. govols74n

govols74n New Member

I'm predicting 4 and 8, or 5 and 7 again. Especially considering that we may lose the small amount of good talent that we are clinging on to at the moment.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

unfortunetely some managers will not hire anyone who isn't a yes man. great coaches tend to not be in that category.

16. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

From her thread. We got the one coach that would bring in assistants w/ T ties!!!!11

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I would say he 100% didn't given that Butch had the perfect opportunity to namedrop the endorsement and settled for some angular, weird Colorado job substitute.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Tee Martin as an assistant and Orange pants = Vol's lifetime coaching contract

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Right there with you. He was 4-8 at Cincy his first year, after following Kelly. Here we go again. A Big Orange shit show.