POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

JayVols and justingroves like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Earth quakes, hurricanes, dictatorships.

JayVols likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've mentioned before that I have been there and in the Dominican Republic. I am really not sure exactly why things are so effed for them. But they definitely are.

JayVols and HCKevinSteele like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve been there. It doesn’t look like what you think when you think “tropical island”

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Biden to fly them back to Haiti.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They are effective but definitely have some downside.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like the DR. It's sad that the whole island can't be successful.

JayVols likes this.
  9. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Why are we the only civilized nation on the face of the planet that can’t figure out health care? Why should the sword of Damocles threaten everyone with bankruptcy the moment they depart from perfect health? My blood boils reading stories detailing the closures of rural hospitals because the bottom line didn’t work. My God, where are our priorities?

We are crabs in a bucket.

tvolsfan, JayVols and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Because insurance companies run everything. When you figure this out, things start making more sense.

JayVols, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Litigation and attorneys. The amount of lawsuits and lawyering up is nuts and drs have to pay a ton of malpractice insurance on themselves. Plus these companies have to pay for the billions it takes to bring drugs and other items to market

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Its a corrupt broken system that is propped up by the tax payer and the politicians getting kick backs by keeping it broken.

The whole damn things is interconnected too. The mega drug and food companies push a system that will keep you sick and dependent on them.

JayVols likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you think there is a conductor at the front of this train, you are mistaken. it is many self-interested parties and no plan.

tvolsfan, JayVols and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I know Carlson has emerged as a greater piece of shit than anyone could've imagined, but am I the only one who finds this segment really damn weird? Does he think military leaders are into satanism? Isn't that more of an 80s hysteria thing? I mean, the trying to find people with "high testosterone levels"...I don't know. Is this really the thought process going on out there?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

7 tenets? Seems like it should be like 6. Where does that come from?

JayVols likes this.
  16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Poor leadership can destroy anything, imo, even a tropical paradise.

I've been to Haiti...a fenced off HEAVILY guarded section of it owned by a cruise ship company anyway, and 2 days after a major hurricane went through, but I can still attest, it's absolutely beautiful.

17. JayVols

Preach the gospel. Been living it for a while. Luckily, I think all is worked out now for good.

18. JayVols

This too... a thousand times.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't even know. Like I said, the times I see Carlson, I usually respond with "what a gargantuan piece of shit". This one, I'm just thinking "Huh?". Like, has he lost it or become so damn self-important he's not able to connect with reality or something. I just found that segment I came across last night as supremely odd for a mainstream, supposedly, pundit.

VolDad and JayVols like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

what about 13 tenets? 7 can't be right.