COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, you can get fired for not shaving every morning. You can get fired for not memorizing the phone greeting. Of course you can be fired for not complying with the vaccination requirements.

Poppa T likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Your are not the only person that has happened to.

For me it has been just the opposite. The one year I did not get a shot, cause I was younger and thought I was bulletproof, I got [itch bay]-slapped by it.

Now that I am old, I get one every year, and hope it covers/minimizes whatever strain comes out. I have been lucky.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose that would depend on your definition of a vaccine “working”.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Medical and statistical definitions. Actual evidence-based metrics. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccine-effectiveness

Notice how I keep providing sources and data. Because I am basing my opinion on sources and data. Otherwise, we're just two dudes saying what we perceive the case to be based on our pool of acquaintances rather than any systematic, large scale scientific analysis.

5. HCKevinSteele

What do you think the information at the link you posted suggests? You haven’t posted anything that as far as I know is untrue, but it still doesn’t really refute what I’m talking about.

The vaccine isn’t worthless. It has saved lives. It has prevented severe cases / hospitalizations. That doesn’t make what I’m saying untrue. Tons and tons of people wouldn’t take it again if they could go back. Do you think they are crazy? I don’t. They saw that the vaccine wasn’t effective at preventing infection and transmission despite what they were told.

DeonG likes this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think they're [uck fay]ing morons. They are letting feelings trump (pun intended) logic reason and facts. That's the arena of [uck fay]ing idiots.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m not getting it again. I’m not a moron and I don’t like trump. Maybe lay off the emotion and bias a little next time you opine about people who think differently than you.
    Or stay intolerant if it suits, and it may suit you well.

warhammer likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The larger problem is the world has become a giant Dunning-Kruger cesspool. The number of times I've heard "You just need to do your own research" is [uck fay]ing enraging. The proliferation of 10 cent YouTube doctors has bastardized the discussion to an unrecoverable level. Too many people think they can read something on a technical level and make sense of it with some cursory knowledge, but most of us in here are a professional in some capacity on something and can tell you a lay person confidence in cursory knowledge is unwarranted. They don't know what they don't know. They don't know the larger trends or the collective meaning and so forth.

As a result, we get someone like, say, Joe Rogan telling people on his radio show what's what and to ignore certain epidemiologists. Why? Because he's "done his own research". Times this by an untold number of people and we get the mess over the topic we have today.

IP, utvol0427 and Poppa T like this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Biggest issue is most of our institutions have been captured and sadly and rightly in my mind people don’t believe in them.

hell fda approved opioids while knowing they were addictive as [uck fay], and now kills 100,000 Americans a year

10. Ssmiff

Honestly the reason for me is the number of funerals I’ve been to since he vaccine. I know what the records say about safety. Just not sure I buy it. 9 funerals since. All 38-54. All vaxed. All died in Their sleep at home. I hadn’t been to any for the same reason prior. Just weirds me out. Another 43 yr old nurse last week. Just didn’t wake up.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I lost too many family members, friends, and acquaintances to COVID to give a pass to the revisionist history crowd like several on this board and other places. COVID in a nut shell was we need to do X, idiots said you can't tell me what to do I'm not doing it, so X never happened. Now those same people are saying see X never worked. Enjoy living in your afghan caves.

dknash likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Most likely a Bermuda triangle effect going on here.

13. HCKevinSteele

Yep. After enough lies, seeing how profitable the whole thing was for pharmaceutical companies and the super rich in general, hard for me to blame people much.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do think as time goes on we’re going to find out the safety profile isn’t going to be what was sold to the public.

And is a driver to the higher overall mortality rates that we’re seeing in the developed world by about 15% above expected rates.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The interwebz is a powerful tool.

And it would appear we have hoisted ourselves on our own petard.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is circular logic.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know so many people, statistically I would expect you to have gone to more than 9 funerals for that age demographic. If anything, this further proves that the vaccines must work.

18. HCKevinSteele

More than 9 funerals? Help me out with numbers here. What’s the mortality rate you’re assuming here?

19. Ssmiff

38-54? Ok whatever you say…

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And they all died in their sleep? I am sorry, but I find that impossible to believe.