2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Naps is only 4-15 in the series, but 9 RBIs, so he is making them count.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

What in the high holy [uck fay] is LaRussa doing?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Who is the MVP for the Rangers in the Series so far? Naps has the big hits, Holland had a huge start, Andrus and Kinsler have been good with the bats and huge in the field, Beltre has had a nice series. However, it doesn't seem like anyone has been head and shoulders above anyone.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Welp, it ain't over yet.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can't believe Pujols didn't bite at that pitch.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good question.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible move.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Actually NYY, that may have just sealed it for Napoli if they go on to win.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Was about to say that. MVP's usually win because of a huge impact in an emotional situation when the numbers are close. Unless someone goes off in the next game or so, that may have sealed it.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Feliz is picking a bad time to get wild.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's the poster child for effectively wild. I wouldn't stand within 10 feet of the plate. Nothing sucks worse than a pitcher throwing 99+ without a damn clue where it's going.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wow, now Napoli has to pretty much beat Berkman down the line. Incredible.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Taking submissions for the worst managed World Series games ever before that mess tonight.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Also, I wonder if Ruth and Jackson went hitless in every other game of the World Series in which they hit three home runs in one game.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

LaRussa just said in his press conference that Lynn was not supposed to be in the game that the bullpen did not hear him correctly. Said he asked for Motte and was surprised to see Lynn coming in.

Really?

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

He's drunk again. Someone take his keys tonight.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was about as poorly managed and played of an offensive game as I have ever watched. About the 6th I remembered why I quit watching this team in August.

And for the folks questioning if you throw Carp on three days rest, I pose the question - would you rather have Carp on Three days rest or Lohse? That's an easy answer for me, but maybe not others.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Carp threw well enough to win. You can't strand that many runners in any level of baseball and be successful.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As soon as Texas tied it up I knew it was over. I had watched that script happen too many times.