2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Tony LaRussa wasn't your manager, I would say there is no way in hell Lohse pitches a Game 7. However...

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Since 1996, there have been exactly three pitchers that I knew Tony would turn to not matter what and defying all logic because he liked them so much. They are-

1. Jason Isrighausen
    2. Matt Morris
    3. Chris Carpenter

I have little doubt in my mind that a) if we get to a game 7 and b) Wednesday night is rained out and Game 7 is Friday, then Chris Carpenter will be your starter in that game.

3. CardinalVol

Also, for what it's worth I'm not buying LaRussa's excuses at all. He screwed up the 8th, plain and simple.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Definitely. Did he put on both of those godawful hit and runs, too? What has been with that guy in the playoffs, I mean, he looked like a genius when stuff was working and now he looks like a complete [uck fay]ing idiot.

5. CardinalVol

I don't think he put on the first one with Craig. I think Pujols either called that himself or Craig thought he did.

The one in the 9th was just stupid.

6. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i was thinking the same thing. game 1 he looked like he knew what the [uck fay] was going on. he must have started celebrating a little too early.

7. CardinalVol

And we're rained out tonight.

That means that if we get to a game 7, I bet we'll see Carp.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If it goes 7 and Ron Washington really starts Harrison over Holland against Carp, he is a complete [uck fay]ing idiot.

9. CardinalVol

He says he's sticking with it.

I just hope there is a game 7.

10. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i hope there is a game 7 too. as many opportunities as the cards have had to score runs and flaked out in this series, i can see them losing tonight. i hope i'm wrong.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Garcia was great in his first start this series, and he's a lot better at home. Just about the best case scenario for the Cards if they can't have Carpenter tonight, which they can't. Pujols isn't going to see anything to hit, so it'd be nice if a Holliday, Berkman or Freese could come up with a hit or two.

12. CardinalVol

Joe Strauss is reporting Holliday is batting a hand, back, and a leg injury right now, and of the three the leg injury is the worst. TIFWIW

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Outfielder has to take initiative.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

High school harry play cost the Cards the lead.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm so sick of this shit already. One inning, two errors, only one out.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Cards imploding. And Napoli's ankle shouldn't have bent that many directions.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good damage control.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Finally. Freakout may have come a bit early, but it's a series clinching game for the Rangers so I'm a bit on edge.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Love to see a slide like Holliday's. Playoff baseball.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Completely understand. Salas did a wonderful job keeping the game manageable, sans his terrible throw on the bunt.