The old paradigm is broken

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 9, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is already done. Blowing out lsu at home did it. We will not win every game we ever play, but the haunting of Tennessee is over. We are free now.

3 fumbles in death valley? Doesn't matter. Key player out? Didn't matter. Kicked a fg on 4th and 3 on the 25? Who cares.

We are no longer a snake bit team. We don't need everything to fall perfectly or guys to play above themselves to win a meaningful game.

They walked through the shadow of the valley of death and feared nothing.

This is a special year. Tennessee isn't afraid of Bama.

Without young, Bama isn't much different than lsu.

11-1 is as likely as 10-2 right now.

tvolsfan, Volokie, zehr27 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No. You. Di’int.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Welp, it's been fun boys. 5-7 comin'.

DC Vol, sbradle4 and justingroves like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Unreal IP. The superspreader deal you did with covid was one thing.
    This is inexcusable.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is an elephant in the room this week and it needs to get the [uck fay] out. I will not apologize. Y’all want to clutch your talismans and throw salt over your shoulders? Okay. Win or lose, i think this team is different. And it isn't a transient thing. This is a new culture.

PilotFlyingJ, TDVol1989 and SetVol13 like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. It is a new day. Heupel doesn't just want to win, he wants to embarrass you, and the team recognizes this and feeds on it.

I said in another thread that in any other year, those fumbles would have bounced right to an LSU player in full stride heading towards our endzone. No longer.

GBFO.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We will lose one game the rest of the way.

This week won’t be it.

VOLinDAWGland and doolmeonce like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That UCF guy that played for Heupel said "he let us let our nuts hang".

Players felt betrayed by Kiffin, hated Dooley, hated Butch and Pruitt lost a lot of players with the qb situation and general unorganized dysfunction.

This is the first time in a long time everyone gets along in that building

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably [uck fay]ing Missouri

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I have to believe this is the first time in a long time bama is legit worried about losing to Tennessee.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are.

ole_orange likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They just about got beaten at home by something called Haynes King.

I’m not calling a shot or anything but Hendon Hooker is probably a little bit better

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Feels good again to watch Vol football. Finally.

RevBubbaFlavel and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Heupel is like a Football Player whisperer. When we have a break against us, we don’t panic. We get behind we just keep coming. That’s what I see on the field. He gets their heads right.

Bru out there on social media broadcasting coming to Tennessee was his best decision ever and getting some stats to set himself up.

Hiatt stepping forward. Tillman going from just a name to one of the best in the conference. Butler and Jackson drafted last year.

Now top 10? Recruiting is up. It’s time to flip some top notch DBs and seal the deal. It’s fun again.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Heupel already has more ranked wins than Kiffin, Dooley, and Pruitt had at UT combined.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[dadgum]. POTY

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm just going to enjoy this season. We aren't promised next year - hell we aren't promised tomorrow. All I know is that I haven't felt this excited about college football since 2001. I love CFB in general and cherish every Saturday and watch as many games as I can but when your team is fun and good it's so much better. I forgot how much of a fan I was to be honest. My daughters were like daddy's yelling at the TV and so loud. They've never seen me this way. Because while going through the last 3 stages of hell all I could do was sarcastically sneer for the most part. Now they get to see what kind of insanity the pure joy of college football can bring.

I really, from the bottom of my pea pickin heart, feel like we are going to beat Bama on Saturday. Something like 34-24. They won't be able to answer us blow for blow and we will probably give up some big plays but if we keep blitzing and getting pressure it's going to make a miserable day for whoever is playing QB for Bama on Saturday. And it would be quite hilarious if we beat Bama and only lose one game - to Georgia - that we would avoid having to go to the SEC Championship Game and very likely would be playoff bound with only one loss on the season. People say luck hasn't been on our side in years. But it's not about luck. It was about incompetent coaches causing us to look very unlucky at times. These guys believe they can beat anyone and play disciplined. And Heupel dials up some of the most creative drives I've ever seen. Win or lose - we are being COACHED WELL and that makes such a difference.

With what Heupel is doing right now it's also flipping the script on our recruiting already. I think we have a real shot to be on a Clemson trajectory in the CFB world and have the opportunity to go on a hell of a run over the next several years. We're on the cusp of putting Georgia back in their place as a firm 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East hierarchy.

IP likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Young can't go, Tennessee is going to win.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

With Young, it's going to be a shootout

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Kiffin inherited a much better situation than Heupel did. And no talk of year zero or implied slowness brick by brick bullshit. Heupel is throwing up whole buildings in year 2.

tvolsfan and RevBubbaFlavel like this.