The old paradigm is broken

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 9, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

With Young, it might not finish with Young.

InVolNerable and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we want opponents to pass. I think we are baiting them into it with the zone and cushion. We want them to rely on it, then blitz the shit out of them. I think we are playing a meta-game along those lines. We play the run really, really well and we don't stop playing it until it is a clear passing down.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Speaking of Youngs, Byron better get SEC defensive POTW.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's pretty simple, you can't keep up with Heupel's offense running the ball. You screw up and waste a possession, you're down a score. Do it twice, your fans are leaving middle of the 3rd quarter.

Statistically, this defense is average, but you have to be nearly perfect to keep up with this offense.

They're playing for a turnover or a field goal, yards gained between the 20s are irrelevant

ole_orange, utvol0427 and Memtownvol like this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And our strength is stopping the run. Put them in passing situations and pressure the hell out of them. That's the luxury of a great offense.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just read their message boards. They are legit worried af. Nothing terrifies Bammers more than the thought of Tennessee beating them. Sure they hate Auburn, but losing to Tennessee in football is still their worst nightmare.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The biggest Alabama fan I know, a 60 year old man, just told me if Bryce doesn't play Tennessee will win by 30 and "I'll probably turn it off before it's over".

I love it

sbradle4 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

This one made me laugh:

“I am expecting UT to play their best game of the year. It’s also a given that Bama will have double the penalty yardage that UT will have.”

Yep, those damn SEC refs are out to get Bama.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Due to living in the accursed land of crimson tide and elephants, I know quite a few Bama fans. Mostly Auburn, but still quite a few Bama fans.

They used to be chippy on TSIO week. I heard it all in this week from 2008 until 2019 when I could finally wrest myself of my shackles to that state and return to the land of Oranges and whiskey.

They're silent this week. Silent.

zehr27, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And Crimson Tide with an elephant mascot is the dumbest thing in college football. Even dumber than their fans.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, a big pile of dead fish should be their mascot

sbradle4 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assume it is because they smell like a combination of a red tide and an elephant

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, when do we have Peyton back to a game to test if our cursed nature is gone?

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

When we play Memphis again.

sbradle4, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saturday.

Unimane, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is time to move forward as adults. No more curses, jinxes, or excuses.

Peyton manning. Guest picker. Do it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Feels Like 95

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, Condredge or Dolly need to be the guest picker, Peyton can stay in the background

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can't do that. The smell would remind them of their sister and they'd try to [uck fay] it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

no

justingroves likes this.