2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

man, only run in that game came from the first two hitters.

2. WM

WM Active Member

[uck fay] Dalton. Cleats caught in their shitty red clay field after catching a short route, got crunched and snapped my ankle. Never played again. Not bitter.. Laces out.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Charlie Manuel just doesn't fit in Philly. He's a super guy, but he isn't good with the media and he doesn't chew his toenails. So he gets it from both sides.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Ouch. Something similar happened to me in Georgia. Threw a wild pitch, went to cover home. Planted and got ran over. Foot stayed in ground. Bones didn't.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That was fun.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think its time to revisit the rasmus trade again, as well as for furcal.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Coincidentally i caught a errant throw which put me in a compromising position. For two yards! Not that i had promising dreams crushed but it would have been nice to have finished out my senior year not a gimp.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not sure about your situation, but the sound of mine was worse than anything. It broke so severely that some nerves were damaged and it didn't quite hurt as bad until I saw it. That and when the umpire vomited I knew it was going to be something that setting it would fix.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Harold Reynolds just made a point that I hadn't realized yet. All east coast teams are gone.

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Midwest bias.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The Marlins are in Topeka looking for land.

12. WM

WM Active Member

Sounds like a horror movie. I was pretty lucky i suppose, a pop noise, didn't feel anything for 5 minutes but when they pulled down my sock it looked like a train wreck. I was lucky with no nerve damage and where it broke. It starts to hurt during bad weather sometimes.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

There's already a major league park in Kansas City that they can just share with the AAA team that plays there.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When it gets cold mine will get stiff... Not twss.

I still have some issues with numbness around the spot where it broke and a bit below it. But other than that it's all good.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very true.

16. WM

WM Active Member

So i gathered you had a pretty promising baseball career? Is that where it ended or did you try and make a comeback?

17. WM

WM Active Member

Speaking of relocation and contraction, was reading an article from Maury Brown who is a "expert" on the business side of sports and had a interesting quote.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unbelievable run by the Cardinals so far

19. WM

WM Active Member

Catching an aging team at the right time. Not to take anything away from the Cards, they have obviously hit their stride at the right time.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That pretty much effectively ended it. I think it would have ended anyway. I didn't stay very high velocity wise. I had a successful high school career and then actually got bigger in college and found velocity that wasn't there in HS. But it still wasn't enough. I could have pitched in the 80's or an earlier era, but the infatuation with the radar gun done more to damage my dreams than a broken leg. My assistant coach in college was the Manager of a Single A team in the area. He made it clear he would take a chance on me, but I knew in my heart I would never make it to the Bigs.

I actually helped out for a couple years in Minor League Baseball and got to go to spring training, but then I met my wife and just didn't want that life on the road and wanted to make money right then and there. Sometimes I regret and wonder what if, but I think that my initial reaction was correct.