2015 CA DT Kahlil McKenzie

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Bama offered today according to 247

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They've gotten lazy.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've thought the same thing. This season might be telling, if they lose a couple of games again.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Kiffin's effect could be the best or worst thing for them. He's old school in that he wants to run the ball a lot but he's brought in the NFL lingo that nobody on staff (minus Saban) or on roster has ever dealt with.

Example: even the most basic I play has 5 word tags to it.

As far as work ethic goes, it's one thing to be late to the party with the Jackson kid from Maryville but it's a whole 'nuther baby when you don't offer a 5* kid until he's visited a half dozen schools multiple times.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm thinking worst. I think Kiffin is a great OC, but I just don't see Saban and Lane coexisting unless Saban just stays completely out of the offense.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Carroll was hardly hands off the offense

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lane had not been a HC before, either.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No, but I think people will be surprised how well it works. Both of them have very similar theories on the role of offense. When kiffin had a new qb and a good d he didn't let Kessler throw over 10 yards . I'd imagine Saban would do the same thing

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

On Cal's campus today. Sure sonny dykes will turn this around. Ha ha ha

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see Saban being near as easy to work for as Carrol.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think Carroll was easy to work for at all. This is a guy who had daily 6 am recruiting meetings

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nick Saban has those and is an unrelenting ass hole to top it off.

How many times did Carroll have Will Ferrell or Snoop come to practice? Do you see Saban letting Johnny Knoxville get killed for a jackass movie at his practices? Saban is a king and everyone that works for him are below him. Carroll is a hardass boss that drinks beer with you on the weekend.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Carroll also seems to "take care" of his guys. Saban, well, sorta.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Great point.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess. I think kiffin is the type that wants a hard ass. Being in charge wasn't good for him.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin may flourish under him. I don't want him to, obviously, but there's a good chance he will.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saban's guys typically do very well for themselves.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dantonio and Fisher have. Who else?

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well he said "do well for themselves" - so I would include [ddiapos].

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley got two head coaching gigs for remembering cream no sugar for Nick. Smart is one of the highest paid assistants in the country. Lance Thompson got a huge raise when he left. McElwain got a head coaching gig. Muschamp got one of the better jobs in the country. Nusmeier or whatever his name is got another OC gig despite sucking ass. He's had a couple of assistant a go on the NFL head coaching gigs, too.