2015 CA DT Kahlil McKenzie

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 10, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

all vol

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Consistently winning 5 games really draws them in.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do not minimize the prestigious Music City Bowl. Some of these players are probably country music fans. Or maybe one of them.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

**** you pricks. That guy gave his all for Tennessee. Coached on ****ing crutches for Pete's sake.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean on a stool.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Because of the overwhelming pain.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He should sit on the top of the stool from the start, next time.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's still a damn shame that Dez hasn't knocked his ass out.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McKenzie is

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Just read today that it was.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

McKenzie may be transferring from De La Salle. Apparently his HS coaches didn't want him in 1-on-1 drills at the latest Rivals event in Oakland. He did them anyway with his fathers approval, was the best lineman that camped, and was greeted by his coaches with a suspension and loss of captain title.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Apparently he wanted to take recruiting trips during the school season and dls doesn't allow that. The coach is a bit of a my way or the highway type guy. No hats indoors, no earrings, things of that nature.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nothing wrong with that approach. I for one believe that it breeds contempt. There is a reason why Barry Switzer has a much better relationship with former players than other coaches of like success/longevity.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Works well when you only have kids for 4 years. Despite dls success they've had a lack of elite talents during their run. My guess is a reason for this is his ball buster personality.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

So DLS still has the same HC? Did not know that. I used to watch their stuff online and was amazed at their lack of elite players.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd have to think about it. If he retired it's pretty recently. Jones drew and a couple of other top guys did go there, but they produced a shocking lack of top div 1 players given the winning. Of Course their league is a joke

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fyp

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Are they not in the Mission Viejo, Mater Dei, Servite league?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Noooooo. They are in Northern California playing a bunch of catholic schools that don't give two shits about football. They are the Boise state of hs football. Now they have beaten some so cal schools when they've played them, but the record was built off of playing teams with zero div 1 athletes.. The southern section in Southern California has 50 times the talent and that's not a exaggeration. That isn't to say it's not impressive what the guy built, but people don't realize how lousy their competition is. There are some decent programs in Northern California, but they aren't in their league.

20. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

- JC Shurburtt