2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they were just bucket tears you remove. The kind that click then get stuck like a tiny pebble and prevent the knee from bending unless you remove it or wiggle it out of the joint space

justingroves likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When I was 39 I was getting ready for Tae Kwon Do class, the same as every other class for the last 20 years, and had a horrible groin pull (not a tear, just a pull).

Hung it up. Fortunately the only "injury" I had in my time, but was aware it was a young man's game and was time to get out. Same after coming off my son's skateboard and hyperextending my knee. Time to stop that, too.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s more common from “jumping” sports than baseball, but it could be tendinitis too. I guess that would be best case but I think he would still be out for a month or so at best

But, I’m obviously not a doctor.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I developed tendonitis while playing soccer and it didn't really go away until the season was over for 2 months. I tried to play through it, but I already wasn't very good so it kept me on the bench even more.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I sprained my knee scoring a goal in adult league soccer. I had to sub out right after cause I though my whole leg was gonna die, and that was the last goal I ever scored and the last time I walked off the field.

A couple years later I did my hammy teaching my tee ball kids how to round 1st base.

I’m strictly golf now.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

How many different College baseball polls/rankings are there? There seems to be a bunch. Is one better (or more accepted)?

9. NorrisAlan

We are going to do the Bama method: Whichever one makes us #1 is the proper poll.

justingroves, utvol0427 and Poppa T like this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

After this weekend's azz-whooping, we better be #1 in ALL of them. If one (or more) doesn't then that will be the one I ignore.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

#1 in D1 Baseball, Collegiate Baseball, and Baseball America. Perfect Game already had them at #1

Only other reputable poll I am aware of is the USA Today coaches poll which isn’t out yet.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh, the NCBWA poll should be out today as well.

Tennessee was #3 behind Arky and Vandy in that one last week so I can’t imagine they don’t move to #1

Poppa T likes this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re gonna get tired of copying and pasting that every week

A-Smith, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Sonofa[itch bay], lol

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Same thing except I was also power lifting and was on 3rd rep of a 350 LB squat which was very heavy for me and it tore at the bottom of the squat. Nuts were the color of eggplant.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Last major poll to post has Vols #1

That would be a consensus, my dudes

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lindsey Nelson is about to get an upgrade.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll cover Thompson-Boling Arena's part. No problem.

Poppa T and SetVol13 like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

I'll pitch in with you.