2024 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 28, 2023.

1. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I hope Zane Denton will be able to work through his problems if nothing but for himself. He seems to be a nice kid and probably would do anything for the team.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

what’s he got going on?

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Crossroads/quarter life crisis type thing. Doesn't know what to do next. He put all his chips in on going pro after last year. Still in utter disbelief and denial that he wasn't drafted/signed by anyone. Really doesn't want to have to play another year of college baseball (keep in mind he graduated like 3 years ago already at Bammer) and is ready to move out of the college phase of life. But also is torn because playing college baseball again would be his only shot to win over at least one MLB scout out there in America. There's also concern that Amick will usurp his role on the team and the last thing he would want to do is ride the bench. Nevermind the fact that he and Tony would need to hash some things out as to why he hasn't been a member of the team all offseason essentially until now should he actually opt to come back.

And yea, Zeus is a great kid. Always has been. By far the most relaxed and down to Earth Denton brother. Him and all his brothers have truly dedicated their entire existence and personality around being baseball players. It's all they know. Hope he figures everything out.

justingroves, 10SEvols and utvol0427 like this.
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Final thought I can add: he is convinced (and probably correctly so) that he simply can’t top the rampage he went on offensively that essentially carried us to Omaha in the postseason. As a Tennesseean who plans on remaining a Tennesseean, ideally the last memory he wants Tennessee fans/alumni network to remember him by are last year’s iconic postseason performances. He is worried in the back of his head about the potential of coming back/still not getting drafted all while potentially replacing his iconic moments with shittier, less impactful ones in the heads of Tennessee fans

10SEvols likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Burke and CMO both should break the HR record this year.

7. Ssmiff

Who is catching this year?

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Assuming it's the transfer from NC State. Freshman All-American last year.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Probably a few guys early and then Cannon Peebles when SEC play starts.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

#8 in Baseball America.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12. Ssmiff

3 yr Probation and 15 yr show cause is funny.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

14. Ssmiff

he told a group he was not starting the expected pitcher, a scrub instead I believe, and was ringleader of a bunch of $ bet against Alabama. Iir the guy laying the best said something like “I’ve got insider information and need to lay a big bet.”
    Comical

15. Ssmiff

Literally laughing at Michael Scott going to lay a bet with what he thinks is insider info from a nieces boyfriend who is an asst team manager and telling them all about it at the betting window

justingroves and IP like this.
  16. CardinalVol

17. CardinalVol

AJ gets opening day nod.

Beam going Saturday.

utvol0427 and The Dooz like this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Is this weekend going to be on MLB network again?

20. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

As far I can tell it will just be on Flosports.

I was hoping they would have a free 7 day trial but nope.