23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Treating Lithuania U21 as they should be treated today.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Lithuania ain’t ready for the SEC. “They don’t play nobody, Pawwwl!”

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re a team without a league since the USSR went the way of the Pac 12

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pretty good quick story. I can picture a teenage Barnes doing this. And still has a smoothe release. See why he’s been able to help guys with bad releases fix them if they give him time. Started with Kevin Punter.

5. Ssmiff

Tifwiw but Knecht and Gainey combined for 8 3’s yesterday. Both shot around 40% and had 10/11 attempts. We can fill it up 1-4 and more lanes will open for Mashack, Dillione, Tobe. I could see a spread floor and Tobe with the ball near the elbow and want to see who is going to keep him from getting to the basket without doubling and leaving spotups open for the kick out 3, the easiest 3 to hit. Every shooter grew up shooting from somebody passing them the rebound from inside. Mentally makes it an easier shot and in rhythm

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like Gainey more than I thought I would. Knecht is pretty good, but I'm not sure he's going to match the hype. People shitting on JJJ coming back are idiots, he's one of our top 3 guys as long as he's healthy. Tobe and Mashack are dudes you cannot keep from the floor. Dilione is super smooth and a solid backup to Zakai, but will be better off the ball. Vesco is Vesco.

Overall, this is the most solid team of the Barnes era, definitely the deepest. They will score, even if the defense isn't quite as effective as last year. The massive scoring draughts shouldn't be nearly as problematic this season. All in all, I love were we are at now.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

Don't rain on my Knecht parade. Mashack has looked good driving the ball but who knows if that will hold up when the competition steps up.

9. Ssmiff

Quick glance..DJ can’t play O. Gainey can shoot but looks really awful on defense. Knecht looks like he’s playing pickup. Think he will be more of a spot up and curl in the paint scorer for us. Estrella has good hands. “Deleon” really progressed by coming in last year. Also good stroke.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

11. KyleAlexanderfan

Vescovi/Knecht with 19 today.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Bob is in mid season form already

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He called a goaltending against Estrella as a foul, then corrected it to a shot clock violation even though the shot was taken in about 5 seconds of possession. Finally, he just said "I don't know what happened". It was magical.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

The scary thing is he’s 10 times better at basketball than football.

justingroves likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can see almost 70 year old Rick Barnes doing that.

Ssmiff likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

Knecht leads the team again with 16.

17. Ssmiff

Barnes will not have to beg him to shoot as he has had to do with players like Key and Julian. Fans will need to allow him to miss a few and keep firing, like Santi, because he may hit 3-4 in a row next.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

I've only skimmed the game replays but I hope we take advantage of Estralla's outside shot. I've only seen him banging in the post, which is looks better than expected down there.

19. Ssmiff

he’s better around the rim on offense than Aidoo

20. JohnnyQuickkick

this was pretty good

VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.