23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And even then, those are arenas in (primarily) large markets and probably would command a larger deals than what you could get for a college arena is small or mid market.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the ratings for the games are high. People will hear the stadium name, the same as whatever espn charges for an ad that makes giving the sec all that money still profitable.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

We could have had it TBA at the 8th Maxim Asylum for one game, for like a couple of cyber trucks?

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It looks like crypto.com paid $35 mill/year.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

20+ years old. Spurs are getting $9M currently. About the only recent one I can find. I'd think $2.5-3 would be a more justifiable number on average for 10 years.

7. CardinalVol

The number one reason I want to be a multi-billionaire is just to see what I could make people do for a ridiculous amount of money. Not like Squid Games, but what would a group of college administrators be willing to do for a $1B check, $10B check, and so forth.

IP likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah I saw that info on the Spurs too. That chart was the best I could find. I’d guess that Food City wasn’t the only company they reached out to for a naming rights deal OR they approached UT with an offer for a naming rights deal and Danny White tried to negotiate more, but wasn’t going to let 20 million walk either.

And the way I read the UT announcement, this is going to pay for all the renovations to TBA.

9. CardinalVol

As much as they've sponsored and such over the years they may have gotten a discount.

I just don't like stadium naming rights, doubly so at the college level.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Me too. If I somehow find myself in possession of 10 or more figures of wealth, I will hire you as a consultant.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

I don’t see how 20 mill pays for anymore than the scoreboard and the signage that has a giant Food center center name with small TBA above it. Our baseball renovations cost 4x this and it’s still not a ton.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can someone that understands marketing/advertising better than I do explain to me how Food City gets $20 million worth of value from this deal?

13. CardinalVol

My newest scheme would be contact the board of regents, tell them I will give each 4 year board of regents school $1B each, each community college $500M each, BUT Memphis must officially change it's name back to Memphis State AND drop to D3 in all sports and drop men's basketball.

IP likes this.
  14. KyleAlexanderfan

Honestly food city was already plastered everywhere during game days.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been inside a Food City maybe a half dozen times. If I'm traveling and there's one nearby and I'm needing grocery items, I'd go for the novelty and simply because I recognize the name being a sponsor for Tennessee sports broadcasts. I guess it could away some folks to shop there regularly. I'm not happy with this development.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

It’s the oh shit I forgot “X” and it’s 25 minutes to kickoff grocery store.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My experience with Food City is that they are not all created equal, at a higher variance rate than Kroger.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I go to the closest grocery store to my house. Right now, it’s Publix. If I move and it’s Food City that’s the closest to my house, that’s where I’m going.

19. CardinalVol

The one near my house has a really good butcher dept. They make these various steakburgers that are great and the steaks and pork chops there are highest quality in town. We usually get most food at Kroger then get specialty meats there.

20. CardinalVol

If this Publix ever opens here I will go there often for the chicken tender subs.

emainvol likes this.