50 / 50 Q&A: VolinBHam

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 15, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

30. One weekend. No consequences. Which celebrity would be most fun to party with?

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

31. What is your second favorite movie?

32. How close were you to the tornadoes that ripped through Alabama back in April?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This may be the best post of your tenure

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

33. Was Adam Smith a visionary, or did he spend too much time in the opium dens?

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

34. If you were the programming manager for Comedy Central - would you have aired the South Park episode depicting Muhammad (where it showed him dressed in a bear costume), unedited?

35. How concerned are you about the national debt, if at all?

36. As you know, NYY has been called the, "John Coltrane of his generation" for his epic work on the skin flute. What instrument do you play, or would like to master?

37. How trustworthy do you believe the mainstream media to be?

38. Support this argument: "Rushmore is the greatest movie of all time." (Should you respond with any indication as to not having seen it - be forewarned, you will be banned until you have, and followed that up with a master-level thesis describing that life-changing experience)

39. If you could ask Lane Kiffin a single question, and be guarantee to receive a completely forthright and truthful answer, what would the question be, and what would you hope to learn?

40. Assume that you (stupidly) believe that Jimmy Cheek is a Florida plant, hell-bent on sacrificing athletics for academic standing, and can provide positive proof to that effect. Would you attempt to stop him, and how?

41. You are provided media credentials to attend the press conference re-introducing Bruce Pearl as the men's head coach - assuming that you can stave off Griff's advances - what are your first three questions, and to whom are each addressed (Pearl, UTAD, Cheek, etc.)?

42. Given total autonomy to decide, what one player's number would you next retire?

43. Had he wanted to return, would you have re-hired Kevin O'Neil to replace Pearl?

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

44. Who was your favorite character in Full Metal Jacket? Why?
    45. If you could tell President Obama one thing, what would it be?

7. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

46. Do you believe the world is going to end in 2012?

8. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

47. Mulberry bush aside, would a monkey really chase a weasel?

9. WM

WM Active Member

48. Favorite Ace Of Base song?

10. WM

WM Active Member

49. Make your perfect car, with parts from different favorites.

11. WM

WM Active Member

50. Carpet or hardwood?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are one sick son of a [itch bay], Mullet.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What mortal could decide that?

14. volinbham

volinbham Member

Hardwood in the home; a light shag on the playing field.

15. volinbham

volinbham Member

On the assumption I would drive this regularly: Start with a new 911 4S; add the infotainment electronics from any other maker - let's say Acura; add the price of a Kia Soul.

If it were a specialty car I'd likely opt for some type of Ferrari just as they come; I surely can't improve on that.

16. volinbham

volinbham Member

I view them all equally

17. volinbham

volinbham Member

Yes if the monkey was horny or the weasel was asking for it.

Ask me the first wednesday morning in November 2012

44. Doesn't it have to be Gunnary Sargeant Hartman

45. Do the right thing and withdraw from the 2012 election.

18. volinbham

volinbham Member

No. Boring style.

19. volinbham

volinbham Member

Comfortable pants and shoes, t-shirt that says "The Bear Beats Off", lightweight fleece pullover, good shades

Returning from Midway Airport on the Southside of Chicago (midnight, Sunday night), decided to take Cicero Ave up to 68 rather than jump on the Interstate. Drove through neighborhoods where I could have easily been killed on numerous occasions. Realized I [uck fay]ed up and swore I would never, ever go there again.

Currently a cat. When it kicks the bucket it I'll get a dog. Cat is 18.

Probably the trip I took to Jamaica in college - of that trip, I'd narrow it down to the 18 hours I spent at Hedonism II.

Charlie Sheen

Tough call on the movie - contenders include The Life Aquatic and Half Baked

I was approx. 3 miles from the tornado - early storm track had it coming over the house but it veered north before Birmingham. Crazy shit.

Smart feller - just ask Gibbs

20. volinbham

volinbham Member

Absolutely not

Ketchup and it's not even close. Goes best on fries in fact fries were invented (in my mind) as a ketchup delivery mechanism

Good live music and shitty food - good food is easier to find

As referenced earlier - Jamaica. We stayed in a low-rent place in Negril (off the beach) in the early 80s. Dirt cheap, 3rd world, ample drugs and great fresh food. Was a blast.

Missionary unless it's a first date

Knife, neosporin, Skittles

Ham

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011