A Fulmer Ran Athletic Department

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We all agree that Dave Hart needs to be removed from the position of AD. One day, God willing, this will happen. As sure as the sun rises in the east though there will be a group amongst the fanbase clamouring for Judas Brutus to be brought in as AD. Let me make it perfectly clear that I will not be in that group.

Say he were to actually be considered for the job, what could we expect out of a Fulmer led Athletic Department?

I say one of his first orders of business is that he immediately brings in Greg Adkins as his future successor.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That he would never fire anyone.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't even want to think about it.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He would pound the rock at the contract negotiating table , work like heck, and watch the film. Also probably retire his own number.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Taco Bell as an official sponsor.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Shoney's IMO.

All morning meetings would probably take place at the one on Alcoa Hwy.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

BYOL (Bring Your Own Lawyer) Thursdays!

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Krispy Kreme would double in sales

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fear we would be in slightly better hands than we are now.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Oh god, please no. You think he stuck around too long as the football coach, just wait until he would get into the main office.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Academics would not stand in the way of athletics, for better or for worse.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

In all seriousness, I don't think he could bring in top teir coaches to work here even if he wanted to. He'd envision himself the grandfatherly advisor a la Wilson from Home Improvement when in all actuality he'd be Kramer, over stepping boundaries and driving everyone nuts.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone willing to wrestle against Cheek wouldn't be a bad thing. We just might end up with the happy medium.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"This guy reads at a 3rd grade level, no he can't come" - Cheek

"He runs a 4.5 and he's 274 pounds, so yes" - Fulmer

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only in football. He doesn't care enough about any of the other sports to meddle.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think that but then I remember his willingness to do nothing played as large a role as any in creating the rift. That fat bastard was too busy ensuring his own financial gain by playing Game of Thrones with Thunder and the Haslams to try and curtail UT's intellectual takeover.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he really "loved" the University, he'd already be aligning the big money to call for changes in admissions, ones that actually serve the purpose of a land grant University. But no, the only times he has ever given a shit about "his school" was when he was deposing that awful Johnny Majors and when he installed a puppet as the AD.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And things quickly corrected themselves once he was removed from a position of power and influence...

Oh, wait.

DO NOT mistake me for defending or uplifting Fulmer. It is just silly to talk about how bad it would be with Fulmer when we have a guy who is getting us humiliated by coaches from Louisville and and ****ing Lousiana Tech. Fans need to wake up and realize things actually could NOT be worse.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The current worthless idiot and his predecessor have nothing to do with the disaster that Fulmer would be. All 3 suck.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

See, I keep thinking that, and then...