A Look into PSU sanctions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by InVolNerable, Jul 23, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

by what Sandusky and the "university leadership" did and didn't do? Those boys (now men) that got raped...

by what the NCAA did? Everyone within the PSU athletic department, PSU fans and more will be hurt by this. 99% of these people had absolutely nothing to do with this matter.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

wrong... The money will first go through the NCAA's hand so that PSU has nothing to do with it. The NCAA is going to be the one screwing with the money.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

also, fans can't be fans of an athletic department that is likely to cease to exist within four years.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If you believe that losing money, some football games, having a stained program or being able to transfer to another college is a "ruined life" - you do not understand the word "ruin".

And if you equate these sanctions, however undoubtedly widespread and severe, as being in any way commensurate with the atrocious nature and the devastatingly life-long repercussins which the raping of a child forces upon its victim, then you are ignorant.

Stupid, even.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Is it not still a fantastic school to get a degree and is the campus and stadium no longer a wonderful place to play football?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At the end of the day, then be mad at JoePa and the university administration, not the NCAA. They didn't cause this.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you, being your typical stupid and ignorant self are missing my point, but I'm not surprised. I'm not condoning what happened. But yeah, making others have to adjust their lives and screw up how they had things going ruins lives. To the degree of being raped by a sick old guy? Not at all. but it still ruins lives. I'm saying punish those that deserve to be punished, ie, the AD, the school President, etc. No need to **** it up for all the current athletes and coaches.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I am mad at them. So punish those ****ers. and Sandusky, to the fullest extent of the law. Don't punish everyone though, just because, "MMM, well gee, we felt like we had to do something." we have a judicial system for a reason.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's always those people who get hurt in the end. if they don't punish those people though then what is disincentive for people to not cheat in the future? I don't buy hiding sandusky didn't help the football team. no way it wouldn't have hurt them significantly if this came out earlier when he was a caoch.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

with a team of walk ons and two star players? No, it's not a wonderful place to play football anymore.

11. CardinalVol

It's really no different than lots of other scandals at other organizations.

How many people at Enron were involved with the mess there? How many were affected? Hell, what about Arthur Andersen in that mess too? How many lives were turned upside down because of the actions of a few in leadership? (Yes, the accountant's brain always goes there first, sorry.)

The higher up the ladder the corruption is, the more people that are affected when it finally blows up in their faces. It's just a reality.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Who the **** just wants to go to "another school?"

The stupidity, would be thinking that this some how makes up for what was done to those children. The fact of the matter is NOTHING can make up for that. You agree? Yea, I thought so.

Therefore, adding to the misery, of the student body, alumni, fans, etc, who had nothing to do with any of it, is nothing short of little people thinking they can make up something that cannot be made up. When you consider those that did the damage won't even get hit by any of this, this is the equivalent of punishing your bad child by slapping your good one.

So go head, beat your children.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

JoePa would have been fired in his down years, if this had come out then.

14. CardinalVol

Kinda makes you wonder how he was able to hold on doesn't it? It does me anyway.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

best post yet.

16. CardinalVol

Who in the hell has said yet that anything done makes up for what has happened to the victims?

The only people that have even tried to use that line that I have heard are Paterno's family and supporters.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Exactly. You're giving them the keys to the car when you hire a fb coach or a university president. It's not like nobody knew about this before the beginning of 2012. Several people very high up knew what was going on.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pretty simple, he would have took down a lot more with him on his way out.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

20. CardinalVol

We have a winner.................