Alabama Streak Ending Thoughts…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2022.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

1. What an atmosphere. This fanbase is truly the best in the nation, and that includes the morons.

2. Heupel is the real deal. He absolutely stayed one step ahead of the greatest defensive coach in college football.

3. This wasn’t a fluke… the better team won. Let that sink in.

4. It won’t happen, but UT should be #1 in tomorrow’s polls. Resume alone, it’s not even close. Not. Even. Close.

5. The event coordinators playing Dixieland Delight during the celebration is peak trolling. And a reminder to the toothless rednecks that the song is about Grainger County, TN.

6. Which leads to this… the Bama fans in attendance have already put their Kentucky basketball shirts on early. [uck fay]ing cucks.

dknash, Poppa T, Daddy Gee and 17 others like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We have our coach. We've landed the big fish.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and A-Smith like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Tonight's result hasn't really sunk in, I am just truly amazed what this team has accomplished to this point. And yeah, Coach Huepel is the guy. I'm 100% on board.

Tar Volon and IP like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If rankings were objective we'd be #1

SetVol13, NYY and justingroves like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you guys watching on TV see the ut coaches look at each other as the fg went through? They looked like bank robbers who just cracked the vault door.

sellsman11 likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I have honestly pulled out my phone a couple times to double-check that they didn’t review the final play after I turned it off, and then I remember that I’d have had 50 angry texts if that had happened and we did actually win.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The goalposts are in the river

IMG_20221015_214214.jpg

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jalin Hyatt made himself a lot of money

The pass interference in the endzone was horseshit

Alabama is undisciplined, which is unbelievable

Heupel beat Saban with lesser talent

Omari Thomas is a man

Jeremy Banks wasn't perfect but by God he went balls to the wall for 60 minutes

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We need dbs to heal up.

sellsman11 and OneForVol like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

On Number 3

Told my 20yo daughter this week when she asked if we could win this game that this may be the best Tennessee team in her lifetime and possibly since '98. This team beat a good bammer team. It may not be their best under Saban, but that was a good team that just wasn't good enough. This Tennessee team has talent, poise, and a quiet swagger that we haven't seen in so long. Heupel and Co outcoached Saban's coaching firm for this game. This is not smoke and mirrors or a gimmick offense or whatever negatives folks have tossed at this team. This is just simply put a damn good team.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Heupel just took a secondary where most of us could make the two-deep and beat Saban and his Heisman QB.

Hooker has to be the clear front runner for the Heisman.

Alabama fans are going to assume they are related to Hyatt after that thorough [uck fay]ing he provided them.

I'm ecstatic that Heupel is the guy. He's perfect for this fan base. He's one of us.

Right now, best team in college football is clad in big orange.

dknash, Daddy Gee and InVolNerable like this.
  12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

One thing that always amazes me, and a lot of it is comparative history, but anytime something gamechanging happens against this team… when the cameras pan to this coaching staff, you don’t see panic. For years, that was not the case. The dipshits that we’ve had on the sidelines the last 15 years or more, it was never a mystery why we blew opportunity after opportunity.

Tonight, when Saban and staff left time on the clock, I actually tweeted 52-49 before UT took the first snap. That’s the shit that matters. That’s the reason we see players performing in big time situations, it’s because this staff doesn’t panic.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel isn't scared of shit and he willed a scrappy, overachieving Oklahoma team to a national championship as their qb. He coaches the same way

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Even Fulmer would have been bent over looking at the ground. Pruitt would have destroyed a few hundred dollars worth of property. Butch would be indigo.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The scoop and score is the nail in the coffin with any of the last three coaches.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Shoutout to the offensive line. Protection was outstanding and we ran the ball well too

also that was simultaneously the ugliest and most beautiful game-winning field goal of all time

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and OneForVol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Best OL performance in a big game I can recall.

19. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Jalin Hyatt is going to be making a lot of money on Sundays in the not too distant future.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

10 TDs already and it's only been 6 games.