Alabama Streak Ending Thoughts…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many combined games did those guys start for those teams?

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I fully agree, but even great teams can sleepwalk every now and again. Friggin’ 2001 Miami got all they wanted from Boston College

3. Tar Volon

Postgame win expectancy: 74%.

(Postgame win actuality: 100%.)

We ain’t doing this with smoke and mirrors and good fortune.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Tar Volon

#3 in the AP, 15 first-place votes.

#4 in the coaches, 2 first-place votes.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You have to score every possession or you lose to this team. That's a lot of pressure

tvolsfan, gcbvol, NorrisAlan and 2 others like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A lot like the 2022 LSU team. They made opponents do things they usually wouldn't do to try and keep up.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And no other team we play has Bryce Young running out of that tunnel.

Save KY, they have HoF QB Levis.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only reason this came down to the end was because bama got the last full possession of the half and the scoop and score. This was not a fluke. On the contrary, alabama got some good breaks.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I guarantee, kentucky is going to try to control time of possession. Unless our offense shows up completely inept, we'll beat them by at least 3 touchdowns. I'm calling it now.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, after calming down some

This win just won over a new generation of Vol fans. My kids are starting to make fun of kids cheering for other schools, they were sitting in silence or nervously pacing right beside me.

They're noticing players and wanting specific jerseys. They're all wanting to wear Tennessee swag to school Monday.

Dixieland Delight is Tennessee's song again.

This win is setting Tennessee up for years to come.

It's a special group of players and coaches that make teams like this happen. Tennessee isn't in the top 10 schools talent wise in the country. With that being said, Hendon Hooker is special, Jeremy Banks is a leader of the defense and the school President is saying he'll buy goal posts every year while he smokes a cigar.

Everyone is pulling in the same direction on the Hill and it's a special place again

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay] Kentucky, Tennessee had the ball for 12 minutes last year and beat them

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I saw someone use the term "watershed moment" when describing this win. Couldn't agree more.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And 4 extra points from a terrible PI call. And that even assumes that they would have made the field goal, which obviously wasn’t a given.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to do top control when the run is getting stuffed. One of the big differences from last year.

thagodfather and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Seems like Rodriguez is 6 ypc vs us

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thomas, Eason, Simmons, Baron and Bailey are doing the Lord's work on the interior dline. They aren't going to get the publicity they deserve but they let Banks, Mitchell and Beasley get all those tackles for loss

sellsman11 and Memtownvol like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Hopefully get McCullough back. Slaughter didn’t have a good game and we ended up playing a walkon on bamas last drive.

18. Tar Volon

They’ll shorten the game and hope we lose a couple fumbles—basically how Pitt played the second half, but with a better QB. It probably won’t work, but it’s their best chance.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yeah, but don't you feel our DL is better this year? I don't think their ground game is going to be as productive as they want.

20. Ssmiff

yes I just can’t believe this is happened and waiting for ball to drop.