Anyone else concerned about the future?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

sorry reese, you rambled way too freaking long for me to even look at that massive paragraph

2. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Great post. The culture changing is what I was most afraid of happening under Dooley and it is obviously happening. Too many people are now calling 7-5 seasons "good seasons". The continual losing has absolutely changed the culture among some fans. It is now acceptable to suck. Everyone that can objectively look at the situation now sees Tennessee football as another Vanderbilt / Kentucky. It's sad and pathetic that this has happened to the program but the fact that Dooley is still even employed and you still have loud mouth fans supporting him is evidence enough.

3. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am awake now with Reese's attempt. Smack!

1664 on the talk. Worried about the roster - you bet. Suck City after the Dools charade of being a "great" recruiter. But as justin says, a couple of recruiting classes by Gruden and it turns. He can get more out of less anyway. He proved that for years in the NFL.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Did JustinGroves write that?

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

No doubt that solid recruiting can solve a lot of ills ... but, hell there could be a few diamonds on the team already. Lord knows if you can't come straight out of high school ready to ball with the big boys, you ain't getting no better on our practice field. Maybe a new staff can develop some talent that is already on the sidelines.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

--Skeeter.

For a Dooley supporter like him to say that means something.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Basilio was saying we are recruiting the same QB as UTC for our class of 2015.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

It's horrible folks. Once the losses started it began drying up. There is no viable option that has Dools coming back. The great recruiter thing has been a myth created to buy time for the goober to try and learn how to coach and hire good assistants. The fact that we are in year 3 with him at all is pure bullshit.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Gruden would have a ton of other schools' verbal commitments visiting Tennessee in January. We will be fine. Or we will be awful for the next 15 years.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is true.

As much as I want Gruden, I will get some small satisfaction in seeing anyone but Dooley running through the T next year. Welcome home, Coach Cut!

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Mercy, what a let down.

Cut is the fat girl you go after cause she is there and wlling.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That fat girl's taking us to the Outback Bowl in a few years, Lord willin'.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still have faith in Tenny's word, but if for whatever reason Dooley is given another year, I won't be watching Tennessee football.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dooley's about as likely to return in 2013 as you are of shaking a punter in the open field. Just ain't happenin'.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Make it stop!

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

16. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

lol

...whatever it takes to get ya out of that dry spell.

17. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

If Hart and/or Cheek screw this up it's basically a self imposed death penalty.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Down goes Chapman, down goes Chapman.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hey, I have shaken many a punter to score on punt returns. It's placekickers that are my kryptonite...

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Mike Griffith'd