Are Today's Parents Getting a Raw Deal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Apr 18, 2016.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

A man after my own heart. I have models all the way down to micro machines.

I have a 1701 refit that I painted the battle damage from the wrath of khan.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't fully comprehend it either. I made her watch an episode and she fell asleep (Data's Day). Didn't mind Wrath of Khan though. Haven't tried anything else.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nice!

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not sure Data's Day is the right choice to start her on. Let me think of a good one off...

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Are you telling me there are nerds on an Internet message board

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd go with deep space nine. More female friendly. If you want to go original series city on the edge of forever.

7. OrangeEmpire

Don't try, the blonde one calls TNG the gay show.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What kind of freaks did you all marry? No recliners, no TNG, wtf? Or did I just luck out?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That would go against my longstanding personal policy of not friending people who aren't friends, but for Vol games, I could be his friend.

Part of my dilemma is that my football watching habits are changing. I don't know if it's a gradual shift that I'm just now noticing, a more sudden change in my priorities, a byproduct of my daughter running cross country on Saturday mornings in the fall, disinterest due to the Vols sucking, or some combination of these, but my desire to watch football in general is waning right now. I've always resisted cutting ties with pay tv because I wanted to be able to watch as many college football games as I wanted, but I just don't know how much I still need in order to have all I want at this point.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Come to think of it, I might look into streaming now. If I did, it would need to be password locked and absolutely private to the 8th. The issue with streaming is is people start posting and sharing the link and password, it eventually gets out and gets shut down.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds like items you would purchase off an infomercial at 2 am.

12. OrangeEmpire

Easy

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seedy stores in bad parts of towns, actually. They do most of their business online, so you get good deals by showing up in person and eliminating the hassle and cost of shipping.

The enterprise-D was an unopened item from 1992 with box damage. Too crappy for mint collectors, just right to open up and put new batteries in that puppy.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Id have to take your word for it, thats outside my galaxy.

15. OrangeEmpire

Are you going to add a third nacelle?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, but they made one configured as such.

What annoys me is the variation in scales even within a brand.

17. OrangeEmpire

More people have to see this.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I love that a guy making minimum wage, living for free in his sister's basement, who beat up his father in front of his daughter thinks he had life handed to him in a silver platter. God bless America

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016