POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have you seen their wall?

Joseph Brant and emainvol like this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The bet is simple - I'm betting that if Trump shuts down the federal government, that he'll get more funding for the wall, before it's re-opened. Two weeks, two months, two years. You better pay up or knock him out in 20, or it'll be 6 more years.

When people start to realize and see that shutting the Federal government down will - literally - shrink the size of it's workforce by the second, you might be surprised at how deeply he's going to dig in, and what negative price he pays.

He's going to win more independents than he did last time, and when he won plenty. Much more. He's the first Republican in a long time* who realizes that it doesn't matter how much more strongly he's hated by people who aren't voting for him, anyway. The math doesn't change.

* I will say this, after being in DC last week, there are few things that Liberals seem to love more than dead Republicans who lost national elections.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not in person. I have seen it in photographs and video. I skate boarded on it as Bart Simpson in a video game once.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We should just figure out a way to build the wall out of some sort of waste. That way we only pay for the labor. Has to be something we could use since we as a country throw away a crap ton of stuff.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

On what are you basing your assertion about independents? Where has Trump or the GOP as a whole shown any gains with independents? The only decent gauge we have is the last elections, and unless you have some numbers I don't, there were none.

This also isn't the first time he's threatened a shutdown. How much money did it net him in September?

6. Tenacious D

California.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Probably a bunch of stuffed MAGA bears sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What about used tampons or dirty daipers? Who the hell would want to try and climb that wall. Might suck for the houses near the wall though. Property value may take a dip.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Speaking of border property. I still want to know exactly how much of the border Cards Against Humanity is tying up right now

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I forgot about that whole thing. I would like to see how much land they bought.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's irrelevant, imminent domain exists in part for these reasons.

Tenacious D and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It is, but I believe the idea is they can at least tie it up in court

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That said, it was an obvious publicity stunt

14. Tenacious D

I love the idea, too.

But they wanted a big government with nearly unlimited power, and for all manners of good intentions, and they’ll soon see how that turns out, albeit on the other side.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Even so I will still buy the game. It's fun as hell to play.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're confusing the conservative rhetoric with reality. I have never heard anyone say, "I want big government with nearly unlimited power." You haven't either.

17. Tenacious D

You just said it.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Except that IP wrote it, and you didn’t hear it. Unless you read to yourself in your head as you read. In which case you said it.

19. Tenacious D

Splitting hairs.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Says the guy claiming I said I want bigger gov because I wrote "no one ever said 'I want bigger gov.'