Bye Bye Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 6, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We just don't understand the 4D chess being played to make America great again by failing to keep promises/"letting it implode" (choose one, doesn't matter which).

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like the idea that he's playing some grand game of chess masterfully when he plainly spells out his simpleton ideas through Twitter, i.e. he's going to let Obamacare fail and blame the Democrats for it. In other words, he's too stupid, lazy and/or incapable of doing what he explicitly said he would the first day in office and would rather let Americans suffer under the current system until it collapses so he can have the Democrats take the fall, garnering more support for himself. It's almost as if a rich, entitled, spoiled, silver spooned asshole of man doesn't know and care about the needs and concerns of the American people he is supposed to be putting first. He just quits the process and says he hopes the current health system in place for Americans fails them, so he can gain politically from the ordeal. **** this piece of shit. Anyone who thinks he doesn't take a hit is a [dadgum] moron.

He's going to need a great bill on tax reform or infrastructure to mitigate this loss for him. Hell, I'll even gladly support and celebrate an infrastructure bill, but, right now, his presidency is flailing.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I loved how effective Steve Bannon was in the negotiations. He absolutely killed it (the bill, I mean). His inspiring words resonated throughout the Capitol dome. His effort in whipping votes should be preserved for all eternity beside other inspirational speeches from history like the moving words of John "Bluto" Blutarsky that got the Delta Tau Chi fraternity off their asses and compelled the defeated frat to action against Dean Vernon Wormer, Doug Niedermeyer and Gregory Marmalard.

-Stephen K Bannon

Truly a great leader of men that Steve Bannon is. That speech gave me chills. I'm going to incorporate his words into my next pre-game speech. What was the response to those enlivening words, you ask?

-Anonymous Freedom Caucus Member

With great thugs, I mean, orators like Steve Bannon at the wheel, we are assured of more winning...more winning than we can stand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ucus-shuts-down-steve-bannon-trumpcare-2017-3

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm just glad the republicans didn't push a stupid bill through because they had they power to it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not a bad thing one guy can't repeal the ACA

6. JayVols

Agree 100%.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think they ever thought they'd actually be in this situation

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I wish I could say it was because of the lesson that the ACA taught them but it was just a pissing match

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If it were just one guy, I'd agree.

But all we've heard since ACA passed was how it was going to be repealed. It has become a re-election strategy for the Republicans to say "blah, blah, blah, and we're going to repeal Obamacare. And if the Democrats won't work with us, we'll stone wall Congress."

And now they have a court, a White House and both the House and the Senate, and the excuse is now "well, we need to really think about what is going to go in it."

And people buy that, like, they've been too busy the last 3 election cycles to consider what should go in the thing they've been elected 3 times to replace?

Trump can "expose" the Republican Party for its lies and charlatan behavior all Ben and Tenny want, and we're still left with the same population that bought into the lies in the first place.

So... that'll show those politicians.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't spend years calling for something to be repealed and then fall on your face by not having anything to replace it with. I mean, you can, but it's not good.

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

What you say about the GOP in general is correct. They had no real plan and were exposed for it. For the record, I've never voted for either of my GOP senators nor my GOP congress woman Black. I've never had the impression they had a coherent bill or across party support for any bill.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It is amazing the difference in perspective one has when they never watch or read mainstream news media. I love the political insight from someone who mocked those that thought Trump had a chance to win. No we are supposed to take them seriously when they tell us Trump is flailing and will need some major bill to repair the damage. Just humping that stuffed animal thinking he is getting somewhere.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yes, they are and your post is a perfect example of why.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like how you misrepresent my characterization of the election. I always said that Trump had a chance, a small chance, to win. You can go back and check, if you want. Now, I did mock the talk about Trump winning states like New York, which Tenny predicted, or the talk of a landslide based upon size of rallies, but you have never been immune to spouting bullshit.

But, hey, if you want to believe that Trump comes out of this unscathed, have at it. You always have some explanation that exonerates him and your justification is that he won the election when it was said he wouldn't, which, apparently, covers everything regarding Trump. Keep the faith alive, I suppose.

You also assume too much regarding my media sources. But, I guess you were right one time previously, which means you will always be right in the future. No doubt I'm missing the "real" story by not paying much mind to Alex Jones or whatever conspiracy site you've linked that has the real pulse of America.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Trump repeatedly said they had a plan. Repeatedly.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you link these posts where Unimane said he had no chance?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At one point, we all, exception being Tenny, said he had no chance.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That Trump didn't repeal it on "Day 1" as he campaigned, is silly semantics.

That he doesn't seem to have even had a plan, or that he usurped that plan for Ryan's, is a substantial error, and one which he should be rightly and roundly criticized for having done or failed to do.

There is no other way to see or excuse it, IMO.

He has wasted both time and valuable equity in this failed attempt, and the best that I can hope for now is that he learns a painfully expensive lesson in this (the People didn't elect him to play nice with the Dems or GOPe), and that he puts forth a sensible alternative to it. He cannot simply do nothing on Obamacare - he doesn't have that luxury - because he promised, and it's already imploding, and will only get worse.

That he let Ryan take the ball is both inconceivable and inexcusably stupid. If Ryan doesn't resign, he's going to be ousted, as he's already a lame and impotent duck.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I get that Dems are happy that the measure failed - I was, too.

But let's be careful, here. It didn't fail because of anything the Dems did, and Obamacare is just as acerbic to taxpayers as it's always been - and like Obamacare itself, it's only going to grow worse and worse as it's further rolled out.

The measure failed because the GOPe, admittedly with Trump in tow (no, he's isn't exempted from this, in any way, just as Un says...nor shouldn't he be), Obama'd Obama with their plan, as difficult as that is to imagine.

20. JayVols

I really get the feeling Trump is done with the Tea Partiers. Good riddance to the "agin' everthang" bunch.

How will Trump be viewed after he starts reaching out to Dems to help in getting agenda items through that involve spending massive amounts of money? It's already being discussed.