Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The "Eight is Enough" contract that Phillup signed is more proof of that. We were content w/ 8 wins a year. I wonder who our opponents enjoy being our coach more .. Phillup or Dualey???

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Dismissed from the team.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I still think we should wait before we condemn him :)

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The right move.

5. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

inevitable

6. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Those guys crack me up.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good. It needed to be done.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, hopefully this will be the end of the latest chapter of the soap opera known as UT Football, and not just the beginning on a longer story (even if I would really like how that story would probably end).

9. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

old saying...

88 and out the gate

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

this was handled correctly in my opinion and was done in a sufficient time window.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean from the time the story broke, right? Because if this was one of many events the handling sucked balls.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yeah. We don't really know all that much about anything that happened before he was actually arrested. So, since his arrest I think they handled it rightly, but before that, who knows?

13. CardinalVol

It was not handled properly.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Had Dooley done as much to keep Arnett happy as he has done to keep Cam out of jail, this football team would be a lot better.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I agree with Macon. Dools wasn't even in Knoxville at the time and he suspended Clear indefinitely until he got to town and got the whole story. He handled this SINGLE incident brilliantly. Until one of you yahoos can show me clear proof that he's coddled Clear through other incidents before, I'm not believing he should have done it sooner. Dooley could save the world today and pick up three five star commits and this board would still trash him. you all wanted to be the opposite of toos and you succeeded. Far too many here are just as pathetic in bashing Dooley as they are over there in praising him.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Come on. There had been smoke about Clear stealing stuff for well over a month. You think it is just a coincidence that of the 80+ scholarship players the interwebs just happened to pick a guy at random and spread baseless rumors about the very same crime the guy actually ended up committing later? This time the Internet rumors were almost certainly right.

17. CardinalVol

I dont know what you want bill, but when a guy i have known for 15 years and know has connections to higher ups in andy holt tower and hangs out with fairly senior folks in the athletic dept on a regular basis tells me this stuff, i'm going to believe him.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he handled the Bar Knoxville incident well. I don't think he handled Clear well.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

So Dools was supposed to suspend him off of rumors and allegations? Brilliant.

20. CardinalVol

No, hes supposed to take action when several people bring it to his attention, not just wash his hands of it and tell the team leaders it was there problem.

If he would actually take care of situations when they are small, they wouldnt become colossal headaches that make him seem over his head.