Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm all for empowering the captains and upperclassmen to be leaders, but in this case, Dooley needs to assert himself and demonstrate some leadership. He needs to be out in front of this thing instead of hiding in his office and asking his players to run his program.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

regardless of the when, where, why, how or even to whom, this is all I see.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You steal shit from a random person, you go to jail. You steal shit from your brother, and I've got no qualms with your family members getting together and deciding how to handle it.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can handle a lot of things. A thief isn't one of them. This guy has no right to ever represent UT ever again. If he's not kicked off effective yesterday, then Dooley needs to be sent packing today.

5. Tar Volon

The more I think about it, with it being a baseball player, I agree. Even as I was typing my earlier comment, I kept defaulting to thinking it was another football player.

If it were a teammate though, I'd give my team the choice between a year suspension and booting him entirely. That way you're still being proactive but also letting them take a measure of control.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

If somehow it was his first offense, I'd be more tempted to agree with you. But from all sorts of "insiders", this is far from his first offense. He's gotta be punished, bottom line.

7. Tar Volon

Yeah, this has turned into an argument for how the first case should be handled, not this one. Were the second offense against a teammate, I could still see the coach presenting two steep punishments (one year suspension vs kicked off entirely) and letting the team choose. That way there's still major punishment either way. But because it's not, well that's it.

8. Tar Volon

Well, he's suspended indefinitely. Derek, "indefinitely" probably should turn into "forever" about now.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Patrick Brown tweet:

Oh boy.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I figured last night before the extra info came out, that it was separate incidences. Right now is the time for Dooley to get his [penis] out of the dirt and kick him off the team to avoid further damage. I like what O+W said, this isn't gonna get Dooley canned, losing is gonna do that, but Dooley needs to get ahead of this thing.
    I think that if Dooley handles this properly in the next 24-36 hrs (dismissal), he has done his job properly, if not, he shows another level of mismanagement, when that is what he is supposed to be good at.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Since this happened on campus, isn't judicial affairs also involved, in that he could kicked out of school, even if he doesn't go to jail for 11 and 29?

And to be fair to Dooley, he was in Atlanta last night for the Big Orange Caravan and I'll assume in Chattanooga tonight. So, I'll give him to Friday to get back to Knoxville and kick him off the team. If this hasn't happened when I go to bed on Friday, then I will be livid.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The silence is eerily similar to the post KY game period. Anyone else see the developing pattern with how Dools deals with serious situations?

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Should have just taken Zickefoose's laptop. And hamburgers. This never would have happened.

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Same as always. He goes into his bunker and hides. Like with the academic report from Fall semester.

15. CardinalVol

Dooley is an excellent case study for a leadership development class.

Throw out how he handles a situation, discuss what was done poorly.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

First Mistake: Was ever placed in a position of leadership.

Class dismissed.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

lulz .. except for critiquing the brick mason that's working on the new complex ... and how the janitor mops the floor in gibbs ..

18. CardinalVol

Leadership and management are not one in the same. Dooley is an excellent micromanager. He is a God-awful leader.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Conceptually, I would say it's like the difference between contract law and tort law. If I go up and punch a random person in the face, they can sue me on a tort claim. Essentially a tort is a bad act that infringes on the rights of another person. Contract law, conceptually speaking, can be thought of as a subset of tort law. A breach of a contract is a bad act that infringes the rights of another person. But we apply a different set of rules for a breach of contract than we do for a tort. What's the difference? In contract law, the bad act person and the person who got their rights infringed already have a relationship with one another. They have the contract.

So even the law recognizes that there is a difference between wronging somebody you know vs wronging some random guy on the street.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Or if my roommate walks in and says "I just stole this watch from the store", I might reply, "sweet, you get me one?".

However If my roommate walks in and says "I just stole some of our other roommate's textbooks and sold them back to the bookstore. 80 bucks total...woohoo!", I immediately tell him that he is kicked out of the house and that he needs to start packing up his shit.