Carolina Jr Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 1, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1 Most complete game of season, hands down

2 I still think we can play better

3 I guess Cooper Mays does make that much of a difference

4 Nice to see the defense actually play with an edge. Rattler was rattled all night.

5 Joe is just Joe. He is what he is and will be nothing more.

6 This off week is coming at a perfect time.

7 I am glad I was in the stadium and did not see Brus injury on TV. That’s the fastest I’ve seen a cart on the field.

8 Dark mode jerseys are really cool. Night atmosphere at Neyland is as good as it gets.

9 Reminder the Corky Beamer would be an assistant manager at a discount shoe store if not for his dad.

10 Here me out here…..maybe Brian Kelly isn’t the incredible coach he’s made out to be.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bonus - Hadden getting a pick six on what may have been busted coverage and then doing the Deion TD dance was worth the price of admission.

ole_orange, utvol0427, IP and 2 others like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beamer really would be Griff off Married With Children if his last name wasn't Beamer

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their o line could not stop anyone. Refs let them hold all day just to keep it from being a landslide

A-Smith likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been saying Kelly is an 8-4 coach

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Rattler said what? Coping is difficult I guess. Sorry but Alabama is our Super Bowl.

IP likes this.
  7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Kelly looks like a huge mediocre asshole. I have idea why any kid would want to play for him. He has a worse personality than Saban without the wins.

IP and justingroves like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee had 6 sacks and a pick six and it still feels like they didn’t great.

Xavier Legette had his worst game this year, he never got a chance to get going. The defense took him away, Rattler got rattled and South Carolina is 2-3.

This offense is going to be frustrating as long as Milton is at qb, he's just a half second slow at reads. He ran into the only sack Tennessee gave up.

It's nice having three backs average over 5 yards a carry against an SEC opponent.

I hate that for Bru, here's to getting healthy quick.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Factual. We should still win 9 games.

The other big problem with Milton is that he is a very average runner.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He is what he is overall. Although it is frustrating watching him run with how he has the body/physical capabilities to be a Cam Newton/ Steve McNair like college scrambler. I don’t think he “sucks” though like many in our fanbase are convinced of

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He can make all the throws. Those slants and TD to 87 are nasty. But he makes up his mind and will stare and then not take the check down. Also doesn’t buy time or throw well on the run. The scramble plays in college football are huge. This is what this offense doesn’t have with Milton and we have to just go with it and rely on running game then deep balls when they come up and flip it out to squirrel and Sampson in space.

A-Smith and Tar Volon like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Even if he ends up as an NFL “bust” eventually, some NFL franchise is going to fork over a million bucks or two to him soon based on his arm talent and measurables alone. He threw some seeds last night. Just has to learn how to be more consistent overall and tap into that football magic we saw with Dobbs/Hooker who could make chicken salad out of chicken shit on the fly whenever things on a called play break down.

(easier said than done obviously)

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Didnt see the game. Glad to be wrong about the defense. Sounds like they played with purpose.

14. VOLinDAWGland

When Milton does run he is freaking fast. Sampson was a steal out of HS. He's got that special ability to not present a good target, always sliding through small creases and takes great angles. I love our RBs.

tn_longrifles likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has pass rushers and South Carolina doesn't have an offensive line

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you should watch it. We actually played like a Ga defense. Constant pressure and dbs all over Wrs. Couldn’t believe it to be honest.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only game worth watching this season so far, will be worth it for you to pull it up on youtube when its posted.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

All of our RBs are slippery little water bugs in their own unique ways respectively. I love the RB room we have this season

tn_longrifles and Memtownvol like this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Vol freak (yes, that Fidel Vol Freak) already has the full broadcast posted on his YouTube channel for anyone interested

20. VOLinDAWGland

I hope Banks continues to play an aggressive scheme even given the risk of giving up a big play. Our offense doesn't react well to standing on the sideline for 6+ minutes. This D plays best with an edge and getting up the field.