Charles Mosley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 6, 2015.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Shy probably looks a little better when considering how many guys are out right now.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I agree. When I saw the opposite comment, I wondered whether the writer even watched any game but South Carolina or Alabama last year.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, but I'm feeling pretty good about the offense being fairly good, at worst. There's just too much talent and speed at the skill spots to not hit 3 to 5 big plays a game.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I agree, I think the offense will be at least good enough. It won't be a liability.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The one positive thing I expect Deboard to bring is improved toughness and oline play. That should be sufficient to get the offense to at least competent.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Mosley is getting a shot on the OL. Can't say that isn't appealing to me. But there is this lovely quote by Kerbyson where he is describing his feelings about playing on the same side as Mosley. Just a lovely choice of words.

"I didn't have 360 pounds to move, which was good," senior left tackle Kyler Kerbyson said. "We talked about that. We like him on our side. Me and (tackle) Dontavius Blair were saying, ‘God, thank God I don't have to go down on him anymore and try to get him out of the hole.' "

Surely he caught flack for that!

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's still going to be splitting time between DT and OG in the Orange and White game

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

sounds like a freudian/nyyian slip.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

NYY would never thank God for not having to go down on someone. And he sure as hell wouldn't try to get a guy out of the hole.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

you're absolutely right.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he's that much of a force, why move him?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not my fault you've been compromised.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I like him on the DL...I just hope hes able to contribute somewhere.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's still expected to play DT in the Orange and White game.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And, if the offensive line is as improved as its promoted to be, why rob from the d-line?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Don't question the BSIA.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would say being the most improved from where the Oline was last year doesn't mean they are middle of the road SEC line yet. Just means they are not complete dog shit. If Moseley can make our Oline better, and we have enough depth at Dline that we will not miss him too much, move him.

That is what Fulmer used to do way back in the day, even before he became HC. Move those quick feet Dline men to Oline.