Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Other white nationalists are praising him for not naming them. Why are you defending trump on this? Do you believe it not correct to condemn nazis? White nationalists?

Please, no more "what about".... It's just a question about this weekend.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't see a difference.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not defending Trump. He should denounce white nationalist, nazis, anarchist, muslim terrorist, etc. On wait; he did.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Per the definition you are correct, there is none.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think, once Trump didn't name them and got criticized for it, then there was little chance of him back tracking and denouncing the white nationalists. He's a guy who views any sort of admission as weakness and will merely double down, unless he can find a way to reframe it as something else.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I was going to post that same thing.

"The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing [slavery] is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things."

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It just shows how stupid they are, in my opinion.

Go to bat for Nathan Bedford Forrest if you're a skin head.

9. NorrisAlan

Has he ever named the White Nationalists by name, even before this weekends events (I honestly don't know and would appreciate a link)? He is quick to name radical Islam. But since the driver ran into that crowd this weekend, he has been eerily silent on actually naming the group.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

11. CardinalVol

Sometimes what you don't say speaks 1,000s of times louder than what you do say.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

And business leaders, members of the media, multiple politicians, presidential candidates on both sides, foreign leaders, etc., etc., etc.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. CardinalVol

Basically anyone not in his corner.

15. NorrisAlan

Thank you. In that case, I don't know why he didn't do it again this weekend.

16. CardinalVol

Please also remember in both of those cases it was only after a severe backlash that he did so. In his initial interview that led to these, even when pressed, Trump would not call out Duke.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Blah blah Obama blah blah

Did I do that right?

18. NorrisAlan

Honestly, I would just as soon everyone stop doing the "yeah, but what about" bit. Today is today, let's deal with today's problems.

19. CardinalVol

Yup, it's when the 5 year old says "but, but, but (the 7 year old) did this" and I respond "that doesn't matter right now, it only matters what you did right now".

Except we're dealing with 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, and 75 year olds.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have not watched much of the coverage. Was it "both" sides attacking each other like he said or was it only the white nationalist attacking a group of peaceful protesters.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017