Christopher Hitchens Passes Away

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Dec 16, 2011.

1. supaturk

supaturk Banned

What do you do for a living, cotton?

2. supaturk

supaturk Banned

I'm not deserving of respect because my attacks against you have clouded your judgement. I am elite.

You weren't equipped with my knowledge at 19.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I am an attorney.

4. supaturk

supaturk Banned

Okay. That's respectable. You are a smart guy, don't get me wrong. I think you are entirely blinded with regard to me, however.

Hatvol doesn't like idiots.

5. cotton

I do not speak for hat. I don't like idiots.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You should probably go start your own board and invite the elite members of 8thmaxim and other message boards. I'm sure it would work out wonderfully.

7. cotton

On second thought, I do like some idiots, so I guess it isn't a blanket prejudice.

I don't like idiots intent on showing the world how smart they really are.

8. supaturk

supaturk Banned

Hat has said he likes me. He has professed he doesn't like idiots. Therefore, according to the board's "rockstar", as KPT described him on VN, I am not an idiot.

Appeal to authority? Abso-[uck fay]ing-lutely.

Will you still think I'm an "idiot" after I'm making 500K per year and preparing to start a global business?

9. supaturk

supaturk Banned

Would be a disaster, KPT.

Hat would come. I'd get a few elite guys from other sites.

But I don't have the funds for the proper cyber-infrastructure.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure what your aim is. If you are as intelligent as you claim, you shouldn't have too much trouble predicting what would happen if we allowed you to return. It would be akin to rehiring Phil Fulmer, except Phil actually had a period of success.

As for this silent majority or minority you claim desires your presence they've been unbelievably silent when asked to vouch for you.

Even without all the above, you were told what would happen if you didn't change. You forced our hand. It wasn't a bluff. Now it's over. You'll be banned 100 times a day for the next twenty years if necessary.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Come back then and buy the site from Tenacious.

12. supaturk

supaturk Banned

Never said "desire." They'd have no problem with it. Because I was ousted for personal reasons.

GP resident.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We ran a successful one for four or five years prior to the 8th's launch on a zero dollars a year budget.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You were ousted because every member of the forum we are trying to build complained about you. This board costs money to run and the expectation is that it will eventually pay for itself and generate money. It's business.

15. supaturk

supaturk Banned

You know what: that is actually a good answer. I believe you're exaggerating, but that's irrelevant.

I'll read, but I won't post.

16. supaturk

supaturk Banned

BTW

@Tenacious D and anyone in the know

Why do you want my personal e-mail? What is this "event" (I guess) to which you keep referring?

I would be happy to give it to you, but I need to know some additional details.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just relax and post, Ax. Don't fall into the petty spiral of bickering. We know it doesn't go anywhere.

18. supaturk

supaturk Banned

I changed my mind. I'll be posting.

You are correct, IP. The guys like you, who are talented enough to actually see talent, will be rewarded with friendship and, if you ever need it, money and connections.

I want to post here because I enjoy the company of guys like Hat, IP, VKB, Lex, Tenny, Jo, Jayvols, Quanah, et al. I will just ignore the rest of you.

I will say this: anyone who thought BPV was an intellectual titan should reevaluate. A despicable performance with regard to me. Using Army money and "prestige" to get into "elite" (I laughed) schools obviously doesn't extirpate the jock mentality and instill the mentality of a raw intellectual assassin. You either have it, or you don't.

The End. No more bickering.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ax, just post and tone down on the axe-grinding.

Edit: Hope it is the end of the bickering..doubt it though.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

This should end well.....