Colton Jumper's daddy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 4, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously, as in coming in and ending the madness?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would have been great last time around. Would he want to start over at UT?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I get that Arizona is a basketball first school, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Do you think he can get back to his WVU type of winning days?

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Why do I have a feeling that things are about to get worse?

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Because this is Tennessee

6. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Rich Rod can consistently win you nine games a season and maybe occasionally win an SEC Championship. I'm not sure how so many financially successful people can be ignorant on how to turn this crap around. We all know who should be hired and it needs to get done.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like if it's that simple, it would happen:

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He wasn't left with much and the state of Arizona doesn't produce all that much talent. And the talent it does produce has gone to USC and ucla. And Tucson is a hole

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If the big money guys aren't 100% done with Hart at this point, I have no hope that will ever be straightened out on the hill.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We are in no position to hire a re-tread, nor do we have any business doing so, and that's all that Rich Rod is.

What has the guy ever accomplished?

11. Tenacious D

It's not as simple as that, on some level. You can't just shoot and hit Hart, alone, as there is a whole structure around him, and which extends beyond athletics, alone.

And when you start getting into Chancellors and Presidents - as the conversation should necessarily require - you're going to get into the BoT and Governor, and at that point, it's an entirely different animal, altogether.

12. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Winning at West Virginia with kids who couldn't cut it academically in the SEC or ACC?

13. Tenacious D

I'll take this right now. Today.

Because that'll be the single fastest coaching search in the history of mankind.

14. Tenacious D

WHAT did he win? Name it. List his Top 10 accomplishments.

15. Tenacious D

Stop me if you've heard this one before: If he had more talent, and in a place that more people wanted to attend college, he might be better than Jones. He might even win an occasional SEC championship.

Thanks, no thanks.

16. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

He's accomplished a lot more than Butch ever has, and that's without naming anything. I don't necessarily want Rich Rod either, but with the kind of talent we have right now on offense, he could come in and win with a competent DC.

17. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

From my understanding this is basically how we got Cal and stoops (not saying stoops is on that level). Barnhart had his chance to make his hires and we ended up with BCG and joker. So our next two coaching searches were handled by a coal tycoon and Tim couch.

18. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be comparing him to Butch tho. If gruden is buyable, then every other name should be compared to his.

19. Tenacious D

He's better than Butch Jones?! That's the criteria by which you want to hire his replacement?

Using that logic, we're only about 15 more hires away from being competent.

And the second you start predicating a hire on EITHER current rosters OR a recruiting class - you're absolutely doing it all wrong.

Wake up. Realize that you are the University of Tennessee. Figure out who the BEST SOB is that you can possibly get, and then do whatever it takes to land him. Period. It's that simple.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes