Colton Jumper's daddy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 4, 2015.

1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Preach

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can't understand why Tennessee fans simply cannot fathom their role of complicity in the hires that we make.

We keep hiring shit because we allow ourselves to believe that shit is what we deserve.

Or that we have to get some unproven up-and-comer, or some schlep because he coaches in-state, or some re-tread never-was.

We are a belle of the ball, a smoking hot "10" - and every ****ing time I turn around, you people are knees up in the back of a Nova doing meth and pining to get finger-banged by some wood shop flunky.

Wake. The. ****. Up.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well what if the first three guys say no, and no amount of money will change that? Do we give up?

If we get Gruden, fantastic. If not, I don't want to just drop straight to the Butch Jones level. There is a large spectrum in between.

4. Tenacious D

Well, what did Alabama and Michigan do?

They identified their guy, and didn't allow him to say no.

Do you know why Native American rain dances worked? Because they didn't stop dancing until it rained.

That's your answer.

5. Tenacious D

Tennessee can hire ANY COACH IT WANTS.

Jon Gruden. The Pope. Mike Tomlin. Nick Saban.

They just have to be willing to pay and do what it takes to do it.

Period. It's not any more complicated than that. It's really, really, not.

And having a fan base that's already busy talking themselves into any lesser option, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as it provides those who can make it happen with a reprieve, an out, from actually having to do so.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Those guys were also either unemployed or in deteriorating situations they wanted out of. Michigan and Bama certainly had to pony up to get them because they could've had most any job anywhere, but there was an availability to them. So I'm not sure it works quite as easily as you say.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

As stated before, if we hire a POS I am quitting.

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

Sometimes the simple approach is the best approach.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sanity and reason in a storm self depreciation.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Rich Rod had the Bama job (even though both Rich and Bama deny it, draw your own conclusion...) and backed out.... Bama hired Saban.

If this is the kind of scenario Hat is talking about and we end up with Gruden or Chip then by all means.... Let's get Rich's phone ringing....

11. Tenacious D

You've crossed the line from mere silliness into outright stupidity.

Are you honestly asserting an opinion that Saban and Harbaugh were somehow unwanted or "damaged goods" because of their situations in Miami and SanFran, respectively?

Are you crazy?

Either one could have had just about any gig they wanted. Saban had his picks of college jobs and Harbaugh had his choice of college or pro jobs.

To even insinuate that any part of their landing at Bama or Michigan was somehow easier, or that they were seemingly rescued, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Ever.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I didn't read all this shit, but I'm just saying they had opportunity, and to their credit made it count

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Can you read? He directly stated the exact opposite, that they could have gone anywhere.

14. Tenacious D

It's like Chappelle said of the heckling crowd during his show in Knoxville - "I came in here ready to serve you on the finest China, and you mother ****ers only want paper plates."

I can't believe that I'm having to argue these points at all, much less here, amongst learned, trusted and respected others.

It's the craziest shit I've ever seen. Ever.

Damn, people, wake up. Stop with the self-protective notion of being satisfied with a lesser standard than you deserve - and damned sure should demand. It's your battered-spouse syndrome that makes you think that it's ok if someone hits you less hard than they did me last time. Oh, you're happy that he didn't break your nose, like the last boyfriend, and secretly hope that you'll someday have a boyfriend who won't punch, but will only slap you, instead?

How about you don't deserve to be hit at all? Ever.

All of this shit is just hoping for a boyfriend who slaps instead kf punches. And it's the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

In all fairness, I won't be asked my opinion. I think it's more of low expectations (based on reality) than low aspirations. At this point, I am just more interested in hearing about changes brewing. The position isn't open yet.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Ok, I read it. Didn't say they were damaged or anything. Just that they were available.

17. Tenacious D

Can you, schleppie?

Did you miss that they were in "deteriorating" situations, and my use of the word "insinuate"?

Or, tell me Boy Wonder, what other context could he have meant in the use of that phrase, or me, in my response?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He meant that they were available. Not on sinking ships. He said it pretty succinctly.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

For instance, if Michigan was open a year earlier I don't think they get Harbaugh. That's what I'm saying.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Is it because I didn't use 10,000 words? Saban's situation at Miami was clearly deteriorating. He wanted out.