Congrats, Tennessee; you broke the streak.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by gcbvol, Aug 11, 2014.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I didn't even think it possible, as in a complete lack of available ground to do so.

We're the Volunteer State, GCB, not the "Allowing The Gays to Settle Down State".

And, that's science.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

His justification is utterly moronic. "Traditional procreative purposes"? Good luck if you are barren or sterile. Screw it, if we're going truly traditional, we might as well require parents to match their children and pay dowries. I mean, how traditional are we talking here? My guess is that it's just "traditional" enough to suit the small mind of this judge.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The government should simplify the tax code and remove all incentives to being married, and move to a straight civil union license. Let religious entities give out marriage certifications from their on views and beliefs.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If it were science, the ruling would have been the opposite and the order would include a fiat requiring the state to subsidize the private education of kids whose parents oppose subversive shit like physics and physiology.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Retiring with a bang.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Way too simple. The ignorant gasbags on the right are certain Gawd will smite them if they don't fight for "normul marruge."

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for this

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

LOVE the last sentence, Tenny. That's great. I know my home state still loves me, just differently. I've semi-joked with friends that TN would be the first state to buck the trend; it did not disappoint.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This should happen generally for many reasons.

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Would hopefully make a childless divorce a little smoother. Seen a few friends get taken to the cleaners just because they screwed up and married a psychotic succubus

12. Tenacious D

It's sad to say, GC, but it stops being stereotypical, if example after example show it to be true.

Again, and again, and again.

I love Tennessee, but it's sometimes hard to do.

13. Tenacious D

You misspelled "every woman who ever lived or will ever exist".

14. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Ha well I like to think at least the one I am married to is decent. But sometimes I think, damn, she could take my child and leave me penniless if she really wanted to. How hard would it be for her to falsify some story of drinking and abuse? That's when I make sure to proclaim my undying love and take her out to a nice dinner.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

She has you right where she wants you.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

About sums it up.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't help but find this funny after the entire Tennessee supreme court liberal recall campaign.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Doesn't the stereotype just get more set in stone the more it occurs ?

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Isn't the only way to catch peterman fever thru same sex intercourse, that and sharing needles?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wouldn't know about the needle part.