COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Zinc can be terribly toxic (as you found out!). Why you never heat up galvanized metal, zinc fumes off of it will kill you and from what I have read, it isn't a fun death, either.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sorry. Any idea how old she was or if she had pre-existing conditions that might have complicated her situation?

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If that is an accurate description of how CV is attacking (I’ve seen it elsewhere too but only in the last week for me), it’s a great step forward in our understanding of how to combat it. It will be incredibly interesting to watch and see if we can push this mortality rate down.

Ad is, current course, we’ll probably be at 50k deaths by mid-May. If we come in well under that it’ll be worth the look to see if we are pushing the mortality rate down. Though surely we’ll see some reporting on it before then.

Its incredible how little reporting we are getting in some ways. Everything is constantly framed in the context of Trump, or Trump v Fauci. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. TennTradition

I’m anxious to see some broader reports.

5. TennTradition

It doesn’t seem like Florida has been any slower than most of the rest of the country though. Makes me wonder about the weather angle.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I am on stand by, with my radio in my kitchen

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What about your DD?

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe. I wonder if Florida's weather has kept it from being another New York though. They didn't take as many precautions quickly.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was two years ahead of me in school, so 42ish. None.

Two weeks ago went to doctor but wasn't running a fever so they did not test her. Had felt bad for 2 weeks. Was feeling better Sunday, went to boyfriend's house. He found her unresponsive the next morning.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn. Sorry to hear that, man.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She was feeling better and then died the next day? Is that a normal progression for this thing?

Really sad to hear, regardless.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Seems like some people are so tough they don't realize how sick they are.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thats awful Card.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had to DD several people for emergency work

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

As someone already discussed, it can happen with pneumonia.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wife suggested we drink vodka soda before bed due to quinine? in soda water, along with zinc. No idea where she got that, but i will take a double.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You know what I know. I don't know any other details. They don't know any yet either.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You're not entirely wrong, but the zinc he took was different from what is given off from heating up galvanized. That's zinc chloride which is quite bad for you. Zinc oxide is another industrial contaminant given off by heating metals with zinc coating (not ZnCl2). It's actually one of the more tame metals you can be exposed to, but I'm not signing up to snort a line.

Nevertheless, taking four zinc tablets at one time is not smart unless you like skid marks with an exploding pattern.

TennTradition likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Quinine is in tonic water, not soda water.

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Going to be a deadly day. Maybe the deadliest.