COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's not accustomed to any discomfort, he might just be needing to bow up and fight this out. it's going to suck, no way out of it when you're sick like that.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

the timeline for symptoms getting hospital bad is usually a lot longer, so it may get worse before it gets better.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I really, really really hope it is just precautionary.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

well I don't know how it is just that. they wouldn't even film him getting in the helo, which means he needed assistance. Wtf happened in 2 days? Usually it takes a week of symptoms before things get bad, if they are going to.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He is way less healthy an individual than they have ever let on.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

never thought I'd see the trumplifers and hcq snake oil sellers at each other's throats but here we are.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

how do you let the president get to this point? damn.

8. NorrisAlan

Thing is starting to run through the White House.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well I hope now they will take wearing a mask a little more seriously.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They won't have to after they all get it

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They can get it again, and spread it.

Why is always about oneself, and never about others?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had COVID-19 caused erectile dysfunction instead of making elders drown in their own fluids, fighting COVID would never have become political or so self-oriented. We are a society that doesn't care about children, the needy, the sick, or the elderly. That's who we are. Apparently. We show it over and over. "[uck fay] YOU, I GET MINE."

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's working under the assumption that if you get it once, you are good to go and can't get it again. So if "they all" get it (in the white house), as kmf said, then they can't spread it (at least within the white house) because "they all" have already had it.

So why wear masks? If no one is contagious anymore and no one can get it (again, because "they all" have already had it), then how is it "always about oneself, and never about others?"

Also, you said they can get it again. Has that been proven true?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the sense that it has been documented multiple times, yes. True, as in convenient to many popular opinions regarding how to move through this pandemic? No, that is why that fact is ignored.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Or is it ignored because it doesn't happen very often and because those cases of reinfection that we have seen have been significantly less serious than the original infection case?

A simple google search suggested that it's very rare, typically not as bad the second time around, and not something worth worrying about.

16. NorrisAlan

Until you are 100% sure that everyone around you has had the disease, wear a mask. Pretty simple and takes just a little discomfort on my part to insure that those around me are safe.

Especially when you are still contatgious.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Catching a novel virus that emerged not but 11 or 12 months ago twice is rare for rather obvious reasons that in no way mitigate the risk of it not staying rare should the virus become endemic. And again, you say "not as bad the second time around," ignoring again that the risk isn't only on the individual. Which was what float was originally saying to you.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He originally said it to kmf, not me. And Kmf was working under the assumption of not being able to get it twice, which was pretty clear from his post.

19. fl0at_

That's a bad assumption. Simply because the symptoms don't cause you to get a test, doesn't mean you aren't able to spread the infection.

Most people don't go get randomly tested; they only get tested when they have symptoms. If they never show symptoms, they won't get tested. So an asymptomatic second infection would likely be contagious.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. fl0at_

Which is a bad assumption. Hence, the reply. If it was a good assumption, I wouldn't have replied.