COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good idea. Why get a vaccine when tax season is going to kill you.

CardinalVol and fl0at_ like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He's worried he's going to have to miss two days of work, which will set him behind 45 days.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fair.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This day may or may not end with me murdering a client.

5. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

All appointments are full here, can't even sniff one. (no pun intended)

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

So today is my last day of isolating for probably the mildest case of COVID-19 ever. What's my gameplan for vaccination? Wait three months regardless of distribution stages? Just get it ASAP like I would have anyways? I have no health conditions, so I probably can't get it without significant time, effort, and good fortune until they just open it up, and especially now it feels like I can afford to wait until the process becomes convenient.

7. fl0at_

That's a tough one, because you have antibodies already. One of my questions was "have you had any passive antibodies in the last 90 days." I take that to mean synthetic, but, there is at least some caution about antibodies of some nature within 90 days.

I would think wait 90 days, if you feel you can. But I don't think there is anything that disqualifies you immediately, if you'd rather that, too.

dknash likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Pretty packed at the Wilson County drive thru site. But all in all, for the amount of people there, I felt that it went pretty quickly and smoothly. In and out in a little over an hour including my 15 minute waiting period

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure it is wait 90 days, if you had COVID. And I think it is to get the known immune response, rather than having your existing antibodies just chow down on spike proteins and you get outside of the parameters of the trials.

TennTradition and dknash like this.
  10. fl0at_

Logical enough for me.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am happy to report that after 5 hours I am not a zombie or a vampire, and my [penis] hasn’t fallen off

I do have a strange urge to implement crippling carbon taxes though.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What about cancelling someone?

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m thinking Will Smith...

Well, shit

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have almost no reaction so far, going on about close to 12 hours. I can feel a little soreness at the injection spot when I poke around, and when I move my arm a specific way I feel it slightly too. Otherwise, I have no real discomfort.

I’ve heard the second Pfizer is a real doozy though, so I’m certainly not getting confident. I do feel optimistic about getting the second dose though, since it seems like on the minor end of the reactions, at least right now.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I feel like everyone I know in TN that wasn’t previously vaccinated got vaccinated today.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm right at 12 hours since the shot and no reactions/soreness so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

1 in 10 Americans are now vaccinated, exactly one year after this really got started here.

A fourth vaccine is nearing approval.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Fully vaccinated, right? We’re close to 20% with at least one dose. Within a year. Pretty cool.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fully.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Arm was a little more sore this morning than it was yesterday when I posted, but nothing debilitating. I mostly noticed when I stretch my arm above my shoulder or head.