Despressing?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Oct 2, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

That our fan base (At other certain forums) have taken up with becoming token Bama fans for the night because they wanted to beat up on the team that just beat us. They do realize we still have to play this team? They do realize they are STILL our biggest rival or is that just old timer talk? Am i on [uck fay]ing crazy pills or was it like this during the 90's as well? I feel like alot of our fanbase has taken up the role of to avoid being the prison [itch bay], they play sides to appease the other so the anal bleeding wont be as severe.
    A sobering reality indeed.

2. WM

WM Active Member

I pulled for Bama as well because of the odds of possible success for us, it's just the enthusiasm that some have that are disturbing.
    Maybe it goes back to that whole argument of pulling for Auburn last year in the championship game because in the end it would help us.

3. WM

WM Active Member

The only team i hate on a national level is Ohio State. I think i would pull for any other team against the SEC in a championship game. This theory that if an SEC team somehow loses a national championship game in the next 30 years will hurt our possible chances of success is just bullshit. In our lifetime, we go a season and win our games we will be right there in the end.

4. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Who was the person that started the florida/bama thread on toos again?

I saw a quote in the opening post by the OP that made me sick.

I can't say it nor can I ever type that garbage.

[uck fay] bama and [dadgum] horse they rode in on. Florida's only been relavent for the last 20 years. Tennessee/bama is THE game of the year still for me.

5. 7thgroupvolfan

6. 7thgroupvolfan

Don't forget the clapping...

7. WM

WM Active Member

I'm down to one but i will make it count.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

lead the way!

9. 7thgroupvolfan

[video=youtube;rmC3kpM3C_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmC3kpM3C_k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Agree with the general sentiment here. At the end of the day, I don't care if you come down on the 'i'll never be a bammer, not even for 3 hours' or the 'florida losing potentially helps us here' side, the important thing is that if this game doesn't make you sick to your stomach, then there is something wrong with you as a UT fan. I hate when these teams play. I hate it even more when its for a title. Let's hope this is the only time they meet this year.

All in all, helluva day of football. We win--a win is definitely a win. uf loses. Many good games. Will enjoy my nfl viewing all the more today.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I found myself going through the who to cheer for argument twice yesterday. I ended up "wanting" Bama to win last night, but was by no means pulling for them. Same with auburn/sc yesterday.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Yeah, I was for Alabama last night, but it didn't have a damn thing to do with them or a Florida loss helping Tennessee. [uck fay] Florida whether they're good or bad.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

The only time I'd ever cheer for Alabama is over Notre Dame, I've brought that up dozens of times. I wasn't necessarily cheering for Florida though, I was more hoping to find weaknesses in Alabama's play. Well, it didn't really happen. Like someone here mentioned last week, Alabama still just runs over you, gets up and does it again.

One thing I don't have is the intense hate for Auburn. I can't stand them, but I don't have the pure hate that the generation just before me and beyond has for them. I really don't like S Carolina. They love to talk about entitled Clemson fans act, when in reality they aren't that much better. It drives me nuts. That's why I was cheering for Auburn yesterday. In last year's championship game, I honestly didn't care. I think Oregon is nothing but dirty when it comes to recruiting, paying players and athletic academics and I can't stand all the different uniforms. Auburn is just Auburn.

As far as rooting for a team to help you out, unless it absolutely depends on that game, I don't think about it. We've already lost to UF and I see two more SEC losses on the horizon and I still look at USCe, UGA and Arky as tossups. I'm not worried about one game between UF and Bama right now in shaping up our odds to win the SEC East.

14. hallowed_hill

Respect your reasoning there Bill. I agree that we shouldn't worry about a hypothetical benefit to us that has many contingencies. In this case, though, it's all I could come up with to break the tie of my hatred.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i just wanted to see one team beat the everloving shit out of the other. i didn't really care which one it was.

i don't wish injury on anybody, but we could have used the Brantley one a couple weeks ago.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The thing that makes me sick is the knowledge that if we played Florida this Saturday, after Bama roughed them up, we win pretty comfortably.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying. I watched the game at DTG&B last night and I was sickened at the enthusiasm our fans were showing for whichever team in that game they had decided to root for. They were more boisterous in rooting for Alabama and Florida than they usually are cheering for Tennessee. Awful.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I was happy to see Florida thoroughly beaten, but not happy to see Alabama so freakin' dominating. I never once let out a cheer or any other outward sign of joy about the game.

20. hallowed_hill

Hate to think about DTG&B being reduced to that. Awful, indeed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk