Favorite Vol Player This Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cam Sutton, followed closely by Barnett.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Glitch in the matrix

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I figure Marquez North would be in the discussion if we could ever have a competent quarterback throwing him the ball.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just from performance, I'm going with AJ. I thought AJ finally looked like he had his role on defense figured out and seemed a step quicker.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

My favorite Vol is Pat Allen because VN said the players read these sites and it has a huge impact on them when we're negative. I think this may help seal the deal.

OK, Hurd is my actual choice. He did pretty damn good considering the group blocking for him.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

As others have said, Barnett without a doubt.

[​IMG]

That's my favorite play. Barnett with the drag and toss then O'Brien (another mean and nasty lookin dude himself) with the "and stay the **** down, b!tch". I love it. All the way to the ref probably looking back at him saying "this isn't soccer, flopper. Stop being a p*ssy".

I love how mean our Defense is now. Barnett is leading the charge.

And here's some gratuitous Sutton bringing the pain:

[​IMG]

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Barnett and its not even close

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Barnett's the kind of guy who, if he played at Bama or Florida, he'd be the player I hate most in college football.

I'm glad he's on our side. N

9. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i love it.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Wow! Tough to name just one when there are a couple (that have been mentioned above) right there. O'Brien, blue collar lunchbox kind-of-guy, is another. However, I too choose Barnett for the reasons both Tenny and JG mentioned and I'll add love his high-energy, non-stop motor. Leads by example, not a show-boat just gets it done. Solid. Future Captain. All-American. All-Pro. imo.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I posted earlier but it disappeared. Jalen Hurd is my guy for this question. I watched him at Beech and he was unstoppable in high school. The only thing stopping him now is the line he has to run behind. Nick Chubb would be Nick Scrubb if he depended on what Tennessee puts out there to block for him.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Hurd.

I'm just very happy to have a legit badass at tailback again.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There, merged.

Bow to my mod power.

14. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Definitely Barnett.

I don't see how any player on the team can sit out with an injury while Gilliam is playing. You'd have to kill the guy to keep him off the field, and I'm not sure that would even do it.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Toughest this question has been in years.

Probably JRM

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Another good nomination.

I'd also add North if he were healthy and we would throw him the ball.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Toss up between Barnett and Dobbs. We would not have gotten to a bowl had Dobbs not been but in to replace Worley. He played really well for being thrown to the wolves starting out with Bama. Barnett is just a player who won't quit and gets in the mix of things. I like it.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Matt Giampapa.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I agree for the very reasons you mentioned. Defense is all about getting as many guys to the football as possible and having them arrive in a bad mood. Barnette seemes to be perpetually pissed off. I like that.

Offensively it was Hurd because he's as close to a mean as shit defensive player we had on offense.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

1. Jalen Hurd - I miss smash-mouthed football and his physical nature almost forces our offense to look physical. This SOB gets stopped at the line of scrimmage and still gets 3yds before hitting the ground. I think the rest of the team feeds off that!

2. Derek Barnett - Not sure the last time when we put a FR in and he played game ready all year. And, he runs plays down...not a spectator.

3. Cam - He has pretty much become a lockdown guy and I love guys you can count on. Do NOT float one his way.